Morning Buzz! Kesha Reclaims Her Life in an Incredibly Empowering Post + More
Happy Monday, all! From an inspirational message of self-love to some guest star speculations, we’ve got six of today’s top news items for you to check out below!
1. YES, KESHA. The singer has had no shortage of struggles the past couple of years in her legal dispute with producer Dr. Luke. But lately, Kesha is pushing through, and it’s been incredibly inspiring to see. She’s speaking out more and more lately via her own social media, shutting down body shamers, and most recently opening up about — and fighting back against — struggles with depression and an eating disorder. “I have been battling depression and an eating disorder for a while now. My career is in a strange place and it feels like I’m fighting an uphill fight some days,” she wrote. “But I have decided to take my life back. My freedom. My happiness. My voice. My worth. I will not just f***** be quiet and hide. Today I will say f*** it and live. Today I’m making that choice. AND I’M HAPPY AS A DAMN CLAM.” She got in another dig to all the haters that feel the need to comment on her body in there as well. We can’t wait to see where Kesha goes next!
2. This is just a 12-year-old and a four-year-old with a cooler squad than you, NBD. Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin’s daughter Apple celebrated her 12th birthday this weekend, and the guest list included none other than close family friend Blue Ivy (while, like, everycelebrity in the world was at Blue’s mom Beyonce’s LA show). The two, along with other friends, are pictured striking a FIERCE pose, creating what might be the first time we’ve been envious of a child’s birthday party.
3. Fuller House season two is teasing some guests that we can’t WAIT to see! This weekend, Candace Cameron Bure and Jodie Sweetin walked the red carpet at 102.7 KIIS FM’s Wango Tango concert at the StubHub Center in Carson, California, and speaking to ET, the two could barely contain some of the secrets of season two. “Stephanie finally gets a boyfriend,” Jodie said. “Who it is, is a really fun surprise. So I think fans are going to enjoy that.” Candace added, “There are definitely going to be some more throwback guest stars on this season. Old Full House fans will have fun seeing some very familiar faces.” Jodie admitted that these teases were very vague, but that Netflix would kill her if she said anything more, so we’ll have to wait and see!
4. Laverne Cox will be the first trans person to play a trans main character on broadcast TV! This is amazing news. Doubt is the name of a new CBS legal drama starring Laverne, Katherine Heigl and Steven Pasquale, and is the first broadcast series featuring a transgender regular character played by a transgender actor. With this and a new season of OITNB on the horizon, we’re gonna get a lot of Laverne in our lives — and we couldn’t be happier. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
5. Let this baby laughing at a skate park tumble be your guide this week. It’s a good reminder to shake it off and move on when things aren’t so bad.
6. Quote of the day: “Swipe right on yourself.” Hassan S. Ali, via Twitter.
What’s your #MondayMotivation today? Let us know over @BritandCo!