Morning Buzz! Kesha Reclaims Her Life in an Incredibly Empowering Post + More
Happy Monday, all! From an inspirational message of self-love to some guest star speculations, we’ve got six of today’s top news items for you to check out below!
View this post on Instagram
I have been battling depression and an eating disorder for a while now. my career is in a strange place and it feels like I'm fighting an uphill fight some days. but I have decided to take my life back. my freedom. my happiness. my voice. my worth. I will not just fucking be quiet and hide. today I will say fuck it and live. So FUUUUUUUUCK it. today I'm making that choice. AND IM HAPPY AS A DAMN CLAM. and also a big ol fuck u if u wanna hate on my body. just remember that makes u look like a dickhead. ✌🏼️
A post shared by Kesha (@iiswhoiis) on
1. YES, KESHA. The singer has had no shortage of struggles the past couple of years in her legal dispute with producer Dr. Luke. But lately, Kesha is pushing through, and it’s been incredibly inspiring to see. She’s speaking out more and more lately via her own social media, shutting down body shamers, and most recently opening up about — and fighting back against — struggles with depression and an eating disorder. “I have been battling depression and an eating disorder for a while now. My career is in a strange place and it feels like I’m fighting an uphill fight some days,” she wrote. “But I have decided to take my life back. My freedom. My happiness. My voice. My worth. I will not just f***** be quiet and hide. Today I will say f*** it and live. Today I’m making that choice. AND I’M HAPPY AS A DAMN CLAM.” She got in another dig to all the haters that feel the need to comment on her body in there as well. We can’t wait to see where Kesha goes next!
2. This is just a 12-year-old and a four-year-old with a cooler squad than you, NBD. Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin’s daughter Apple celebrated her 12th birthday this weekend, and the guest list included none other than close family friend Blue Ivy (while, like, everycelebrity in the world was at Blue’s mom Beyonce’s LA show). The two, along with other friends, are pictured striking a FIERCE pose, creating what might be the first time we’ve been envious of a child’s birthday party.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Jodie Sweetin (@jodiesweetin) on
3. Fuller House season two is teasing some guests that we can’t WAIT to see! This weekend, Candace Cameron Bure and Jodie Sweetin walked the red carpet at 102.7 KIIS FM’s Wango Tango concert at the StubHub Center in Carson, California, and speaking to ET, the two could barely contain some of the secrets of season two. “Stephanie finally gets a boyfriend,” Jodie said. “Who it is, is a really fun surprise. So I think fans are going to enjoy that.” Candace added, “There are definitely going to be some more throwback guest stars on this season. Old Full House fans will have fun seeing some very familiar faces.” Jodie admitted that these teases were very vague, but that Netflix would kill her if she said anything more, so we’ll have to wait and see!
4. Laverne Cox will be the first trans person to play a trans main character on broadcast TV! This is amazing news. Doubt is the name of a new CBS legal drama starring Laverne, Katherine Heigl and Steven Pasquale, and is the first broadcast series featuring a transgender regular character played by a transgender actor. With this and a new season of OITNB on the horizon, we’re gonna get a lot of Laverne in our lives — and we couldn’t be happier. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
5. Let this baby laughing at a skate park tumble be your guide this week. It’s a good reminder to shake it off and move on when things aren’t so bad.
6. Quote of the day: “Swipe right on yourself.” Hassan S. Ali, via Twitter.
What’s your #MondayMotivation today? Let us know over @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)