Morning Buzz! Lauren Conrad Drops a Major Hint That She Might Return to MTV + More
Happy Thursday morning! Today we’re wondering what Lauren Conrad’s latest Instagram could mean, applauding Amy Schumer (as usual!) and more in today’s six buzziest news items!
1. WHAT COULD IT MEAN? This week has been a treat for fans of The Hills, as the MTV classic celebrates its 10-year anniversary and all of our beloved heroes and villains are giving interviews and dishing secrets. And now it seems like LC might be up to something NEW with MTV! In a new Instagram post, she’s seen styling her Paper Crown fashion line for a camera. Nothing out of the ordinary, right? But the camera man that she’s looking back at? She’s tagged him as MTV. “Never thought I’d see the day…” reads the caption. Us either — but now we can’t wait to!
2. Amber Heard has filed for divorce from Johnny Depp. Amber and Johnny’s relationship hasn’t been without its challenges — supposedly their 22-year age difference caused some tensions earlier on in their time as a couple — and now, after only 15 months of marriage, Amber has filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences, according to paperwork obtained by TMZ. The news comes at the same time as finding out that Johnny lost his mom this week. We wish everyone as painless as possible a transition through this. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
3. Erika Christensen looks absolutely stunning in this new pregnancy pic. Nothing will top Erika’s dreamy Hawaii baby bump shoot from last month because hello, perfection, but in a new photo by photographer friend Giovanni Reda, Erika is looking amazing. The stark black and white snap shows off a side profile that Erika has described in the caption with a basketball emoji, and her natural glowing skin and happiness just shine through.
4. Amy Schumer, you’ve done it again. Amy and her beloved BF Ben are currently vacationing in Hawaii to celebrate their six-month anniversary, but that doesn’t stop Amy from leading the charge in shaming bullies and trolls. Posting a photo wearing the same swimsuit that she’s been spotted wearing on the vacay, Amy writes, “I meant to write ‘good morning trolls!’ I hope you find some joy in your lives today in a human interaction and not just in writing unkind things to a stranger you’ve never met who triggers something in you that makes you feel powerless and alone. This is how I look. I feel happy. I think I look strong and healthy and also like miss trunchbull from Matilda. Kisses!” Amy, for the good of the whole world — NEVER CHANGE.
5. This husky who demands belly rubs while being driven around is all of us. When the owner tries to take its hand away, the husky paws at it and demands more attention. We feel you, adorable husky!
6. Quote of the day: “I feel like the way I was raised was to be able to see through all the titles in this world, from religion to race, I just didn’t want to feel like I was part of a celebration for somebody who has beliefs that a majority of us don’t agree with.” Rapper Belly’s statement after he and the Weeknd cancelled their Jimmy Kimmel performance due to Donald Trump’s appearance.
Do you think The Weeknd and Belly did the right thing? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Photo via Brian Steffy/Stringer)