Morning Buzz! Lauren Conrad Drops a Major Hint That She Might Return to MTV + More
Happy Thursday morning! Today we’re wondering what Lauren Conrad’s latest Instagram could mean, applauding Amy Schumer (as usual!) and more in today’s six buzziest news items!
1. WHAT COULD IT MEAN? This week has been a treat for fans of The Hills, as the MTV classic celebrates its 10-year anniversary and all of our beloved heroes and villains are giving interviews and dishing secrets. And now it seems like LC might be up to something NEW with MTV! In a new Instagram post, she’s seen styling her Paper Crown fashion line for a camera. Nothing out of the ordinary, right? But the camera man that she’s looking back at? She’s tagged him as MTV. “Never thought I’d see the day…” reads the caption. Us either — but now we can’t wait to!
2. Amber Heard has filed for divorce from Johnny Depp. Amber and Johnny’s relationship hasn’t been without its challenges — supposedly their 22-year age difference caused some tensions earlier on in their time as a couple — and now, after only 15 months of marriage, Amber has filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences, according to paperwork obtained by TMZ. The news comes at the same time as finding out that Johnny lost his mom this week. We wish everyone as painless as possible a transition through this. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
3. Erika Christensen looks absolutely stunning in this new pregnancy pic. Nothing will top Erika’s dreamy Hawaii baby bump shoot from last month because hello, perfection, but in a new photo by photographer friend Giovanni Reda, Erika is looking amazing. The stark black and white snap shows off a side profile that Erika has described in the caption with a basketball emoji, and her natural glowing skin and happiness just shine through.
View this post on Instagram
I meant to write "good morning trolls!" I hope you find some joy in your lives today in a human interaction and not just in writing unkind things to a stranger you've never met who triggers something in you that makes you feel powerless and alone. This is how I look. I feel happy. I think I look strong and healthy and also like miss trunchbull from Matilda. Kisses!
A post shared by @ amyschumer on
4. Amy Schumer, you’ve done it again. Amy and her beloved BF Ben are currently vacationing in Hawaii to celebrate their six-month anniversary, but that doesn’t stop Amy from leading the charge in shaming bullies and trolls. Posting a photo wearing the same swimsuit that she’s been spotted wearing on the vacay, Amy writes, “I meant to write ‘good morning trolls!’ I hope you find some joy in your lives today in a human interaction and not just in writing unkind things to a stranger you’ve never met who triggers something in you that makes you feel powerless and alone. This is how I look. I feel happy. I think I look strong and healthy and also like miss trunchbull from Matilda. Kisses!” Amy, for the good of the whole world — NEVER CHANGE.
5. This husky who demands belly rubs while being driven around is all of us. When the owner tries to take its hand away, the husky paws at it and demands more attention. We feel you, adorable husky!
6. Quote of the day: “I feel like the way I was raised was to be able to see through all the titles in this world, from religion to race, I just didn’t want to feel like I was part of a celebration for somebody who has beliefs that a majority of us don’t agree with.” Rapper Belly’s statement after he and the Weeknd cancelled their Jimmy Kimmel performance due to Donald Trump’s appearance.
Do you think The Weeknd and Belly did the right thing? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Photo via Brian Steffy/Stringer)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)