10 Fall Fashion Essentials Every Lazy Girl Will Love
Raise your hand if you like sleeping in. Yep, we do too. Getting up in the morning is tough stuff, and we’ll be the first to admit that putting on a bra at 7am feels downright painful sometimes. But it doesn’t have to. By incorporating strategic pieces into your fall wardrobe, you can channel those “I’d rather sleep in” vibes, still look effortlessly chic and, more importantly, look like you didn’t get hit by a bus on the way to work. We can’t resist a good time-saving hack when it comes to our woke-up-like-this hair, so why not use the same logic with our style? Scroll through these pieces for major lazy-girl fall fashion inspo.
1. Wide-LegPants: Nasty Gal You’re the Boss Wide Leg Pants ($68): The wide-leg pant is the grown-up, office-approved version of roomy sweats, and that’s why we love it. A high-waisted pair pulls double duty in accentuating the waist for an ensemble that screams fashionable minus the effort. For those mornings when you just need a little more room, opt for these loose-fitting godsends.
2. Mockneck Sweater: Silence + Noise Easton Mockneck Sweater ($79): Oh, turtlenecks — we hated you when we were young, but we’ve since seen the light and learned to love you. This mockneck is great for those days when getting cozy and looking chic aren’t mutually exclusive.
3. Dressy Palazzo Pants: Zara Palazzo Trousers ($36): Nothing says “Let’s party, but not take off these sweats” quite like the palazzo pant. The lightweight, loose fabric feels and fits similar to a pajama pant (major bonus points!). Lazy girl-approved? Heck yes. This glittery pair is great for lounging around the house or for a late night on the town.
4. Boxy Top: Cameo Disposition Top ($146): Unfortunately, some loose-fitting fabrics can look a bit messy. Need an HR-approved top that takes the place of your typical down-to-business button-down? Look no further than a perfectly striped top that checks all the boxes.
5. Fashion Sweatshirt: Zara Sweatshirt With Pockets ($40): This one might not be office appropriate, but it’ll look better than your ratty high school sweatshirts any day. Comfort + European flair = effortless street style that has swag written all over it.
6. Wear-Anywhere Windbreaker: Nasty Gal Can’t Break Us Windbreaker ($68): Don’t let a little wind or rain ruin your day and make you retreat into your tried-and-true cozies. Add a neutral lightweight jacket to your wardrobe to keep your style game strong.
7. Slouchy T-shirt: Zara Printed T-shirt ($20): Some days you just need to cater to your don’t-give-AF needs. A slouchy t-shirt does the trick and still looks better than a bulky old gym shirt.
8. Mom Jeans: BDG Mom Jeans ($59): Your mom was right about a lot of things, and the mom jean is certainly one of them. Thankfully, these high-waisted gems are back in fashion, turning laid-back style dreams into reality.
9. Lounge Pant: adidas Originals + UO Diamond Jacquard Track Pant ($79): A good lounge pant is essential, regardless of the season, and the athleisure trend is here to stay. Find your bliss in these track suit bottoms: Work out in them; eat pizza in them… whatever the day has in store.
10. T-shirtDress: Abercrombie & Fitch T-shirt Dress ($48): T-shirt dresses should be your best friend because they can trick you into looking put together without any of the hassle of planning. These dresses also check off the three Cs: comfortable, casual and classic. Grab this Abercrombie version for a neutral, versatile solution.
What are your favorite lazy-day styles? Follow us on Pinterest for more style ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.