Don’t deny it. We know you turned up your nose when your mom used to put them on your dinner plate. But now we know better — since then lentils have decided to team up with other all stars in order to bring their A-game. When these lovely legumes are paired with some key ingredients, they transform into a delicious meal. Whether they’re sitting on the sidelines or the star of the game, rest assured that these lentil recipes will win a spot on your plate real soon.
1. Red Curry Lentils: Chicken curry is so 2013. Lentil curry? Yeah, that sounds a little more 2014. (via Pinch of Yum)
2. Lentil Tacos: We know… You’re so obsessed with your local taco truck. But you know what the mobile munchery doesn’t have? These. So make them at home. (via Crumbly Cookies)
3. Lentil Meatballs in Lemon Pesto: Who says you have to eat meat to enjoy meatballs? Lentils are a great meat replacement in this dish. (via Sprouted Kitchen)
4. Eggs in Tomato Sauce with Lentil: Throw in some eggs, and let’s have lentils for breakfast! (via Kwesita Smaku)
5. Lentil Mushroom Burgers: If you’re looking for your average veggie burger, this is not it. This is way better. (via Oh My Veggies)
6. Black Bean and Lentil Chili: Chili is great with all types of beans, so add in lentils for some extra texture. Don’t worry; you can still sing the magical fruit song. (via Taste Love and Nourish)
7. Olive Oil Pasta With Walnuts, Lentils and Red Peppers: Sorry, sausage. You’ve been replaced. Lentils bring the protein and the yum factor in this pasta dish. (via Oh She Glows)
8. French Lentil Vegetable Salad: Don’t even think of it. Don’t even think of calling salads boring. We so wouldn’t mind bellying up to this in the lunchroom tomorrow. (via In Pursuit of More)
9. Sprouting Lentils: Did you know you can make your own sprouts with lentils? The universe is a crazy, crazy place. (via Honest Fare)
10. Crispy Berbere Chicken With Ethiopian Lentils: Got a serious spice rack? It’s about to get an even more serious workout with this aromatic Ethiopian meal. (via Feasting at Home)
11. Polenta, Mushrooms, Hazelnuts, Figs and Lentils: This might be too pretty to eat… heavy emphasis on might. (via The Guardian)
12. Veggie and Mushroom Bake: Surprise! There’s an egg inside of this lentil veggie bake. See? Lentils are always blowing minds. (via Gourmandelle)
What’s your favorite way to jazz up lentils? Spill the legumes in the comments below!