With hotter temps just around the corner, it’s vital AF to make sure your makeup doesn’t melt off due to the sweltering heat. If you want sweat-proof makeup, adding a solid primer to your beauty routine will do the trick. Why primers? Well, not only do they make your makeup look selfie-ready at any moment, but they allow your look to stay in place way after happy hour. To keep your makeup looking fresh all day long, here are eight primers you need to add to your collection asap.
1. Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer ($31): Looking for a primer that will make you feel like a boss? This lightweight formula, which contains vitamin E, will keep your makeup just right while you hop from meeting to meeting.
2. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer ($36): It’s hard not to include a classic like this go-to primer. Created without parabens and fragrance, this velvety product will erase fine lines and say buh-bye to pores. Bonus: It can also be used to tame away frizz-prone locks in a pinch!
3. Maybelline® Instant Age Rewind® Primer Skin Transformer ($23): This magical transformer in a tube will help your skin look smooth AF. Infused with a subtle pink shade, not only will it help even out imperfections, but the added hue will help you glow all day long.
4. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($38): A primer that improves your skin? Yes, please! Glide this water-based solution over your face for a flawless finish that will color-correct and enrich your skin with vitamins A, E, and C, and Jojoba at the same time.
5. DR. JART Pore Medic Poreminish Primer ($48): Sensitive-skinned babes, rejoice! This product, made with a low-irritation prescription, is meant for you. Elastoma and Silicone gel smooths skin while controlling excess sebum production. Score!
6. Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer ($22): While we love Pixi for its safe ingredients, we can’t help but boast about how well this primer works. It has an anti-aging formula that will help provide a youthful glow. Feel free to use throughout the day to help illuminate your skin to keep your makeup looking fresh and fierce.
7. IPKN Radiant Cream Primer SPF 15 ($28): Even though it’s important for us ladies to have our makeup stay put, it’s even more important for our skin to be protected from harmful rays. Solution? This nourishing primer. Made with fruit extracts and vitamin E, this primer will control excess sebum and protect against environmental stress without drying out your skin.
8. Urban Decay Optical Illusion Complexion Primer ($34): Say so long to large pores, because this primer has optical blurring pigments to give your skin a soft-focus effect. With rosehip, meadowfoam seed oils, and argan oils, you can guarantee this product will keep your skin moisturized while keeping your makeup in place.
Want more beauty ideas and recommendations? Follow us on Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.