11 Maternity Bras That Are Surprisingly Stylish
Pregnancy — exciting time as it may be — hasn’t always been considered the peak sartorial period for most women. The lack of stylish maternity options is largely to blame (which is exactly how designer Sonia Rykiel got her start — she’d had enough of cringe-worthy maternity wear), but with the dawn of the #OOTD, Insta-worthy maternity wear is finally on the rise. Lingerie included. You might have noticed that your fave lacy underthings just aren’t cutting it anymore and more supportive pieces have become a top priority. Never fear! The 11 nursery and bump-ready bras below strike the ultimate balance between form and function — because you should never have to compromise, girl.
1. Charley M By Cake Lingerie Maternity Viva Plunge Bra ($48): Bombshell alert! Sheer panels and a sultry plunge cut deliver just the right amount of sass to this classic nursing bra.
2. Rosie Pope Underwire Unlined Bra ($38): On Wednesdays, we wear pink. Featuring a supportive underwire, quick-release clips that make nursing effortless, and flirty pink lace, this full-coverage bra will keep you comfortable and feeling fab, no matter what the day brings.
3. Gilligan & O’Malley Nursing Yoga Bra ($20): Nothing can stop you from getting your “om” on — especially a less-than-fab maternity bra. This sporty bralette is perfect for moms-on-the-go, taking you from an early morning sweat sesh to running errands with your mini-me like it ain’t no thing.
4. Cake Lingerie Sorbet Plus Size Wireless Nursing Bra ($80): This retro-inspired piece from the celeb-adored lingerie line features full coverage cups that actually, really provide support.
5. Motherhood Maternity Wireless Lace Trimmed Nursing Bra ($48): Like your go-to black bra, only better. This bad boy will keep the girls in check and provide plenty of support to help make the transition to your new sched that much easier. And that bit of lace trim at the bottom doesn’t hurt either.
6. Natori Private Luxuries Strapless Maternity Bra ($48): With off-the-shoulder everything being a la mode, investing in a supportive strapless bra is non-negotiable. This floral jacquard number provides full coverage and support (plus it comes with convertible straps), opening up plenty of new sartorial opportunities that must be seized!
7. Lamaze Women’s Nursing Soft Sleep Bra ($18): If nighttime support is something the girls’ need, this wrap-style bra is the ideal pick to keep you comfy while you snooze.
8. Topshop Maternity Criss Cross Bra ($38): Updating your underthings? Best add this berry-colored beauty to the mix. Marrying comfort and support, this criss-cross style is it.
9. Hot Milk Show Off Enigma Nursing Bra ($60): When you need to put a little pep back into your step, just slip this pretty printed piece on. The flexible fit means you’ll be kickin’ it all cozy-like even when you’re under pressure, while the A-frame offers plenty of support and a sleek profile under tops. #winning
10. Motherhood Maternity Motherhood Full-Coverage Wireless Nursing Bra ($30): This cheery coral number will do you right throughout your pregnancy and beyond with its smooth finish and clip-down design that makes nursing a cinch.
11. Heidi Klum Intimates Madeline Nursing Bra ($66): No, this is not a drill — this is, in fact, a maternity bra. Best believe you’ll be busting this one out on the regular thanks to its delicate design and detachable straps.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.