14 Decor Pieces That Prove Matte Black Is the New Metallic
When you think of luxe decor, your mind probably goes to flashy metallic accessories. And while rose gold will always have a special place in our hearts (and on our Pinterest boards), matte black is comin’ in hot as its glam replacement this season. Check out these 14 trendy home accessories and get that moody decor inspo rollin’.
1. CB2 Matte Black Candle Holder ($13): Use ’em for a fancy dinner party or while nommin’ on takeout with your boo. Either way, these contemporary candle holders in matte black will make those tapered candles really shine.
2. Fellow Stagg Gooseneck Matte Black Kettle ($69): Instantly step up your morning cuppa joe with this stunning kettle.
3. Anthropologie Thorntree Side Table ($398): Here’s a matte black wonder that will blend seamlessly with your space’s rustic vibe. If that isn’t your style, you can use the dual-colored side table as a complementary accent for your modern, colorful sofa.
4. Global Views Faceted Vase ($39 each): Take your indoor garden game to the next level with an ultra-fab set of vases. The funky shapes in varying sizes will breathe new life into your terra cotta pot collection.
6. H&M Metal Watering Can ($25): Planting a garden is awesome, but let’s be real — it’s picking out the stylish accessories that’s the real fun. Sure, you could use a hose to hydrate your plant babies, but this watering can will make the task look so much cooler.
7. KitchenAid Artisan Mini 3.5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer ($330): Every grown-up kitchen needs a powerful mixer. And with its gorg ebony design, it doesn’t need to hide in your cupboard after making cookies.
8. Skandinavisk Candle ($48): Complete with a trendy Scandi pattern and cool wooden lid, this gem will spruce up your coffee table. Light it up and your hygge-inspired home will be full of cozy woodsy smells.
9. Kenroy Home Alvar 1-Light Black Sconce ($45): Say adios to your basic bedside lamp in favor of a more elegant fixture. The minimal design here is sure to bring those hip, industrial-chic vibes to your nighttime routine.
10. Stelton Theo French Press ($75): We like our French press like we like our coffee: flat and black. Make your morning sips a bit more snazzy by brewing them in this lovely number.
11. Umbra Woodrow Venti Trash Can ($35): Oh, this glam black-and-copper trash can is #winning in all the right ways. Betcha never thought you’d be giddy about buying a garbage can, huh?
12. Design Within Reach Almoco Flatware ($53+): Here’s a modern take on flatware that puts all other place settings to shame.
13. West Elm Judy Jackson Stoneware Vases ($129, set of three): No space is complete without a few green sprigs. Pair with just-plucked stems or silk blooms for a lovely tabletop addition.
14. World Market Black Matte Ceramic Mortar and Pestle ($6): Your guests will be totally mesmerized when you grind up some spicy magic with this subtly fab stone duo.
Which is your favorite piece of matte black decor? If you’re looking for more trendy decor ideas, follow us on Pinterest for tons of inspo and home decor ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.