If you liked fairy gardens, you’re about to go weak in the knees over these miniature mermaid-inspired terrariums! After scrolling through these gems, head to the beach or your local aquarium store to get shells, coral, and sea glass. Then whip out that green thumb of yours, scoop up some succulents, and you’ll have an Ariel-worthy setup in a snap. The inspo awaits you, because there’s a *whole new world* of magic to be planted.
1. Blue Sand Beaches: Your neighbors might not appreciate you covering your yard with sand, but you can still bring the beach vibes home. Add colored sand, pebbles, and a couple of mermaids to create a little waterfront getaway right in your living room.
2. DIY Mermaid Garden: Let the kiddos help you craft crabs and sea turtles to make a tiny ocean scene that Ariel would totes approve of. The best part about a seascape garden is that you can go crazy with a bright, rainbow color palette and all of the adorable sea creatures. (via Parents)
3. Sea of Glass: Grab a teacup or thrifted bowl to recreate this little number. The iridescent glass will shimmer in the sun on your windowsill as a constant reminder to channel your inner mermaid.
4. Succulent Party: Craft the cutest sea scene ever with tons of pale blue sea glass, a bundle of real succulents, and some purple aquarium plants, obvs. Top it off with a few seashells and the mermaids will probably move in on their own.
5. Chasing Waterfalls: The best part about putting together your little garden is making it *so* you. So if you’re (basically) a mermaid who loves retro campers and pink flamingos, go all out with a tiered look and flowing creek made of glass floral beads.
6. Beach Cottage Boutique Mermaid Beach Terrarium Kit ($88): If you’re a #girlboss who’s busy AF, skip the trip to the store and get this adorbs kit delivered right to your door. Assembling it is the perf excuse to spend a chill evening in with a big glass of wine, or three.
7. Boho Chic Mermaid: Nestle all your mermaid garden goodies in a glass apothecary jar or swanky terrarium case like this for a cozy underwater spectacle. Sprinkle in some succulents and top it off with a glittery tail.
8. Layered Garden Style: Take your mermaid garden to new heights with this quirky cracked planter. This project involves a lot of pieces, but you get to recycle broken pots into an adorable decor gem that’s totally next-level.
9. Beach Cottage Boutique Little Mermaid Terrarium Kit ($58): Those teeny tiny hanging glass globes were mer-made for these little sea scenes. Even mermaids need a little R&R, and this white sand beach is sure to take you away on a mental mini-cation.
10. Mossy Table Garden: Tie your mermaid masterpiece into your earthy decor with clumps of fluffy moss that look just like coral. Then let the kids put their shell haul from the beach to good use for a one-of-a-kind, magical scene.
Ready to make your miniature garden sea-worthy? Follow us on Pinterest for more gardening ideas of all sizes.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.