These Instababes Are Embracing Our Go-to Lazy-Girl Style
With the weather getting warmer (what happened to spring, y’all?), the last thing you want to do is have your locks sticking to your neck and making you a hot sweaty mess. While having your hair down is cute and all, we’re taking it back to basics a la these Instababes by pulling our strands back into the perfect messy updo. This style is especially great for lazy girls who don’t have the time to spend hours getting ready, but still want to look stylish. There are plenty of easy braided hairstyles out there, but there’s nothing like embracing your natural hair by simply putting it up in a fun messy bun.
1. Messy Mini: Updos aren’t just for girls with long hair; take it from this blogger, who’s rockin’ a mini bun. Balance a casual look up top with a colorful coat and statement baubles.
2. Spring Minimalist: When you have a million items on your to-do list, the last thing you want to do is fuss with your hair. Wear your strands like this casual-chic blogger for a day of running errands — and don’t forget the comfy AF tennis shoes.
3. Flawless Frizz: Do you love your natural texture, but don’t know how to embrace it? Tease the ends and then gather them into a bun. The stray strands add an extra bit of bounce to this ‘do.
4. Knot + Bangs: If you’re channeling that Zooey Deschanel heavy-bangs look, keep the nape of your neck sweat-free by pulling your strands into a bun on top of your head. Whether you’re exploring a new city or picnicking in the park, it’s perfect for daytime fun in the sun.
5. Sand Goddess: If dipping your toes in the sand is the only thing on your agenda, wet your hair in the salt water and put it up in a bun. After it dries, let it loose and you’ll have lush, textured waves worthy of beach-babe status.
6. Summer Fitness: Look fierce even when you’re getting your sweat on. Copy this Instababe’s look in a killer coordinating ensemble and an up-high bun — the messier, the better.
7. Wet Look: If you don’t have time to dry your hair but still need to look cute in five minutes flat, go for an artfully coiled bun. Add a few bobby pins to keep it in place and swipe on some lip gloss for an effortlessly gorgeous look.
8. Modern Parisian: Channel your inner French girl by strutting this messy ‘do with blunt bangs and loose waves. Add a striped shirt and over-the-shoulder bag and you’re ready for a girls’ day out — macarons required.
9. Beach Princess: Keep your hair from getting wet by styling it in a one-and-done bun. Rock it with a DDG coverup for ultimate island vibes.
10. Lilac Love: Keep the focus on your pastel dye job with a simple messy bun and a complementary matte lip. Want to switch things up? Add a choker necklace and jean jacket for your next concert date.
11. Bangs Magic: Let your bangs hang free of your bun for some full-frontal action. Play it up with a cute sundress and wedges, and you’re golden.
12. Gingham Glam: When date night with your boo sounds like a good time but your hair is just not having it, try this sleek style. Pull it back with a bit of spray and wear a red lip for added sultry vibes.
13. Hipster Top Knot: Put the messy in messy bun, baby hairs and all. Wear it high and proud with a minimal makeup look for best results.
Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.