Following the trends in home decor can be a tricky business. One minute it’s all about Millennial Pink, the next the hot color is Greenery. But one style that’s here to stay, especially for the younger set? Mid-century modern. Lovers of clean lines and rich wood tones can rejoice knowing that this aesthetic isn’t going anywhere. We’re glad that the burnt oranges, deep greens, and primary reds that characterize the style are sticking around — and we can never resist an Eames chair! Scroll down for some Insta inspo that’s keeping this look going strong.
1. Orange Crush: This bold living room isn’t afraid of color. The bright orange seating is what catches the eye, but it’s perfectly accented with hits of citrus yellow, aquatic greens, and a plush white rug.
2. Velvet Overload: We love everything Emily Henderson touches, but this sweeping space really takes the cake. Even though all the luxe, jewel-toned seating looks like it was designed to go together, each piece was thrifted. Those gorgeous jewel-toned chairs? Reupholstered $5 finds!
3. Color Play: This cozy living room feels elegant but never stuffy by pairing deep emerald and dramatic black with fun flamingo accents and a fabulous Monstera leaf platter.
4. We Like Eichler: When your home was designed by a mid-century master, it only makes sense to have the decor follow suit. A statement-making tile backsplash punches up this wood-toned kitchen.
5. Angles and Alpacas: This sophisticated dresser takes a walk on the playful side thanks to adorable alpaca portraits and ’60s-style candlesticks.
6. An Eclectic Mix: Modern staples like this loveseat and a mid-century palette get freshened up with piles of plants and pillows.
7. Cozy-Cool: No piece packs a statement-making punch quite like a retro fireplace.
8. Not Your Mom’s Mid-Century: Flamingo pink (literally, in this case!) gives major wow factor to this feminine room. And how cute is that vintage speaker table?
9. Earth-Centric: Geometric tiles add depth to this room’s muted color palette and let the curvy lines of the light fixture and table take center stage.
10. Fit for a ’60s Queen: Gold detailing transforms ho-hum closet doors into something truly befitting the retro-regal vibe of this bedroom.
11. Plush Touches: Complementary textures — that shaggy rug, those velvet and textile poufs, the furry cushions — add so much depth to this mid-century space.
12. Creative Color Combos: Here’s another bright and eclectic room that rejects the idea of only having one accent color.
13. Moody Blues: A proudly displayed collection of vintage-looking ceramics pairs perfectly with the saturated turquoise hue of this stylish armchair.
14. Top Brass: On-trend brass light fixtures and a round mirror add some surface shine, while the clean-lined coffee table and statement-making green couch do the rest.
15. Basket Case: A smart stand-in for wall art, this collection of vintage baskets brings tons of personality.
16. Confetti Brights: The perfect amount of gilding + a funfetti color palette and rug = a one-of-a-kind spin on mid-century modern.
Looking for more trends that are here to stay? Follow us on Pinterest for more inspiration!