The Top 8 Most Popular Shopping Apps for Millennials
We do a lot of things on our smartphones these days, like plan parties, organize our calendars and even read books. In fact, according to a 2015 Pew Research Center study, 64 percent of adults in the U.S. own a smartphone of some kind. It’s no surprise then that with online shopping growing exponentially, retailers are also rolling out some very popular shopping apps. According to Forbes, one in every two millennials have downloaded a shopping app. That’s pretty crazy, huh? You’ve probably downloaded one yourself, and it’s probably one of these.
1. Amazon: Amazon definitely isn’t just shipping books anymore. The online retailer basically sells everything you could need in your life. Add that to a super comprehensive smartphone app, and you’ve got a force to be reckoned with.
2. ModCloth: ModCloth is the go-to app for cutesy, vintage-y stuff. They sell everything from home goods, like whale-shaped salt and pepper shakers, to ’50-style house dresses. Their app is also super easy to use. Not to mention, all of their items have punny names (see what we did there?).
3. Etsy: Do we even need to say anything about Etsy? It’s the marketplace for glorious handmade items and other awesome stuff. The smartphone app is just an extension of their site, but even easier to use on your phone.
4. JackThreads: This men’s clothing app has some super stylish duds that are also pretty darn affordable. It’s no wonder the fellas are huge fans.
5. Wanelo: Wanelo is short for “Want. Need. Love.” Pretty cool, eh? When you first log on to the app, you do a Tinder swiping thing for the items you like and dislike. Then, the app will customize a shopping feed for you according to your style choices. Neat!
6. Forever 21: With such a massive, on-trend (+super affordable) inventory, it really should be no surprise that all the millennials (read: 49 percent of women) have this app on their phone. Plus, they just gave the app a hot new makeover to make it even more user friendly.
7. Groupon: With hot, limited-time offers on everything from tech to massage services, it’s no wonder millennials, both men and women, love this app. You can customize it to also show you nearby deals and even book vacations — straight from your phone!
8. Starbucks: This app definitely makes life easier for all those coffee-lovers out there. It stores your Starbucks loyalty card info, plus shows you nearby locations, so you can get your caffeine fix. It also introduces all their various menu items.
Do you have any of these apps on your phone? Or do you have suggestions for other ones? Tell us in the comments below.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)