We do a lot of things on our smartphones these days, like plan parties, organize our calendars and even read books. In fact, according to a 2015 Pew Research Center study, 64 percent of adults in the U.S. own a smartphone of some kind. It’s no surprise then that with online shopping growing exponentially, retailers are also rolling out some very popular shopping apps. According to Forbes, one in every two millennials have downloaded a shopping app. That’s pretty crazy, huh? You’ve probably downloaded one yourself, and it’s probably one of these.
Why use a shopping app and not a mobile site, you ask? That same article says that 54 percent of millennials prefer the shopping apps because they’re actually easier to use than the mobile sites. Here are the eight most popular shopping downloads for millennials today:
1. Amazon: Amazon definitely isn’t just shipping books anymore. The online retailer basically sells everything you could need in your life. Add that to a super comprehensive smartphone app, and you’ve got a force to be reckoned with.
2. ModCloth: ModCloth is the go-to app for cutesy, vintage-y stuff. They sell everything from home goods, like whale-shaped salt and pepper shakers, to ’50-style house dresses. Their app is also super easy to use. Not to mention, all of their items have punny names (see what we did there?).
3. Etsy: Do we even need to say anything about Etsy? It’s the marketplace for glorious handmade items and other awesome stuff. The smartphone app is just an extension of their site, but even easier to use on your phone.
4. JackThreads: This men’s clothing app has some super stylish duds that are also pretty darn affordable. It’s no wonder the fellas are huge fans.
5. Wanelo: Wanelo is short for “Want. Need. Love.” Pretty cool, eh? When you first log on to the app, you do a Tinder swiping thing for the items you like and dislike. Then, the app will customize a shopping feed for you according to your style choices. Neat!
6. Forever 21: With such a massive, on-trend (+super affordable) inventory, it really should be no surprise that all the millennials (read: 49 percent of women) have this app on their phone. Plus, they just gave the app a hot new makeover to make it even more user friendly.
7. Groupon: With hot, limited-time offers on everything from tech to massage services, it’s no wonder millennials, both men and women, love this app. You can customize it to also show you nearby deals and even book vacations — straight from your phone!
8. Starbucks: This app definitely makes life easier for all those coffee-lovers out there. It stores your Starbucks loyalty card info, plus shows you nearby locations, so you can get your caffeine fix. It also introduces all their various menu items.
Do you have any of these apps on your phone? Or do you have suggestions for other ones? Tell us in the comments below.