These days, there’s nothing cooler than a minimalist wedding. From elegant black and white stationery to understated decor, this 2016 wedding trend is simple yet glamorous. And despite being big fans of everything bright + colorful, we’re totally smitten. If you’re planning on incorporating these clean designs and neutral palettes into your wedding day, you’ll want to have minimalist wedding invites to match. Scroll on and get inspired by these 15 invites that are sure to set the tone for your cool minimalist wedding.
1. Bliss & Bone Capulet Invitation Suite ($1,985): If you’re planning a modern, geometric-themed wedding, there’s no better invitation to send than this minimalist Bliss & Bone invite with a simple icosahedron design. It’s definitely worth the splurge if you want to go all-out minimalist.
2. Keep It Classic: While trends come and go, a neutral palette with classic calligraphy is timeless. Choose an invite (and keepsake!) that you and your partner are sure to cherish for years to come. (via Monvoir)
3. Venamour Wildflower Floral Monogram Invitation (from $846): We’re in LOVE with the minimalist wedding stationery by Venamour, which was created by one of our favorite designers, Lisa Hedge. While Venamour only has a small invitation suite collection, each design choice is packed with elegant florals and style.
4. Focus on Typography: There’s nothing more classic than black and white stationery. To top it off, these invitations play up the visual interest with cool serif typography that makes an incredible impact. (via The Lane)
5. Rose Gold: This one’s super on trend with Pantone’s Color of the Year Rose Quartz. The gilded rose gold letterpress creates a luxe look that perfectly balances the minimalist aesthetic and feminine color palette. (via Foiled Invitations / The Knot)
6. Accessorize: If your invitation has a minimalist design, you can always add visual interest by playing up the rest of your stationery pieces. Patterned envelope liners and cool botanical prints give this invite added personality. (via JoniJo Prints / Style Me Pretty)
7. Bliss & Bone Signature Snake Print Invitation ($1,490): Send your guests an invite with joie de vivre. Cool snakeskin print and leather texture make this all-white invitation truly one of a kind.
10. Aerialist Press Nobhill Letterpress Wedding Invitation (Price upon request): This Nobhill invitation suite by the Aerialist Press proves that typography can leave a big impression. With its modern design and clean sans serif font, this invite is giving off tons of cool, minimalist vibes.
11. Dazzling Gold: Who says minimalism has to be boring? This minimalist invite comes with a luxe twist: Its refined design is offset with bright pops of gold foil to give it that opulent touch. (via Galina Dixon)
12. Black + White Simplicity: This classic black and white stationery suite has just a bit of fancy and femininity to it, with gorgeously fluid handwritten calligraphy. We’re loving the gemstone accessories and think this would carry well throughout the wedding decor. (via Hazel Wonderland / One Fab Day)
13. Stripped Down: With a minimalist design, you have the opportunity to add interesting textures. We love the natural look of invites made with cotton rag paper, tied together with a delicate thread. (via Layers of Loveliness / Ruffled Blog)
14. Focus on Calligraphy: Beautiful and fluid handwritten calligraphy is always in style. For an invitation with that artisan touch, hire a professional calligrapher who can make your dream invitations a reality. (via Grace Line Art / 100 Layer Cake)
15. Modern Elegance: If you’re a minimalist bride, but your wedding has a bit of a modern, bohemian feel, this invite is for you! It perfectly marries the two themes with its simplistic design and elegant details. (via Mint 102 / Saffron Avenue)
What’s your favorite minimalist wedding invite? Tweet us at @BritandCo!