While holiday gift giving brings so much joy, it can also take a toll on your wallet. You love being generous, but unfortunately, before you know it, you’ve spent your entire month’s pay. Even though it may seem like a stretch, there are actually plenty of ways to give great gifts while still staying conscious of your budget. We did some digging and uncovered seven smart shopping hacks to save you big this holiday season. Scroll down for some serious money-saving strategies.
1. Gift an experience. Every woman loves a beauty experience, and what better present than the gift of beauty on demand? beGlammed is the leading on-demand beauty service that delivers professional hairstylists, makeup artists, and nail technicians straight to your home, office, or hotel; it’s like Uber for hair, makeup, and nails. In need of your own holiday makeover and no time to get to the salon? Treat yourself! Bonus: Enter code BRITCO for $20 off at checkout for the first appointment.
2. Download Honey. Honey is a Chrome extension that searches for and applies online discount codes so you can easily get the best deals. Digital coupons that actually work? Yes, please!
3. Shop drugstore skincare beauty. Gifting quality skincare doesn’t have to cost a fortune. In fact, some of the best everyday moisturizers can actually be found at your local drugstore. And research backs this up: A new study by Good Housekeeping Institute’s Beauty Lab found that Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream ($25) shattered the competition, hydrating skin better than 10 of the top prestige creams.
4. Ask about price matching. You want to get the best bang for your buck, but who has time to check 10 different websites before buying a product? To help make your holiday shopping easier, a lot of retailers now include price matching. For example, Nordstrom’s official policy says they’ll price match in-store and online items, but you must submit your request via phone at (888) 282-6060.
5. Make a list. Getting organized about your gift shopping can save you money by helping you avoid spending on impulse purchases or buying more gifts than needed.
6. Pack snacks. Shopping is exhausting, and more likely than not, you’re going to be starving halfway through. A great way to save from splurging on mall food or buying that unnecessary gift out of frustration (and low blood sugar!) is to pack healthy snacks that keep you fueled and focused.
7. Shop Oprah’s under-$50 list. Not sure what to get someone? We have just the solution! Each year Oprah finds great products and shares her favorites on Amazon.com. Over at Style Salute we’ve pulled 12 of our favorites from the under-$50 list to get you started. And remember, you can always turn to Brit + Co’s gift guides for all of your budget-friendly holiday needs.
Want more holiday shopping tips? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Getty)