Morning Buzz: ’80s Pop Icon George Michael Found Dead on Christmas Day + More
Some terribly sad news about George Michael leads this morning’s top news stories. Check that and more out below.
1. George Michael was found dead at his home on Christmas Day at only 53 years of age. His publicist said in a statement that he “passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period,” but that they would be giving no more comment at that time. His US publicist told People that the cause of death was heart failure. (Photo via Sean Gallup/Getty)
2. It wouldn’t be a Kardashian Christmas without some drama, some weirdness and some wonderfulness! It was an extravagant Christmas morning at Kris Jenner’s place, as the crew showed off their matching pajamas and new cars on Snapchat. It looked as if everyone — even Chyna and Tyga’s son King — got a stocking except Blac Chyna, and Kylie unleashed a ~sizzling~ short film with bf Tyga as her gift to the world. Meanwhile, on Christmas Eve, Kris’s annual Christmas party looked glam, with even Kim appearing in some Snapchats wearing a lip ring. Merry Kardashian Khristmas! (Photo via Kylie Jenner/Snapchat)
3. Prince George proudly eating a candy cane after Christmas Day church is all of us. Truly the reason of the season — CANDY. (Photo via Andrew Matthews – WPA Pool/Getty)
View this post on Instagram
I didn't say yes...I said HELL YESSSS!! Last night, the best man I've ever met got down on one knee in my little pink childhood home..in the same room I played with my ponies and barbies and asked me the easiest question I've ever been asked. ❤ I finally know what everyone means when they say "you just know".
A post shared by K A C E Y M U S G R A V E S (@spaceykacey) on
4. Kacey Musgraves got a Christmas proposal, and her ring is FABULOUS. Along with a beauty pic of her new sparkler, Kacey shared the sweetest story of how her beau Ruston Kelly proposed. “I didn’t say yes… I said HELL YESSSS!!” she starts. “Last night, the best man I’ve ever met got down on one knee in my little pink childhood home…in the same room I played with my ponies and barbies and asked me the easiest question I’ve ever been asked. ❤ I finally know what everyone means when they say ‘you just know.'” Congrats to the happy couple!
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Fuller House (@fullerhouse) on
5. Have mercyyy: Fuller House has officially been renewed for season three! How could they not give us more eps after the way season two ended?! (No spoilers!) The show announced the new season on their social media with an adorable video of the gang passing around a prettily wrapped present to each other. No official date has been given, but it will be in 2017.
6. Quote of the day: “Carrie is in stable condition. If there is a change, we will share it.” Carrie Fisher’s mom Debbie Reynolds shares a bit of “no new is good news” news with people about her daughter, because we really all needed it.
Do you have any Boxing Day shopping plans? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Sean Gallup/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)