Morning Buzz! Ariana Grande’s Brother Is Speaking Out on the Manchester Attack + More
Emmy Rossum’s Memorial Day weekend wedding leads this morning’s top news stories! Check that and more out below in the Monday Morning Buzz.
1. Shameless star Emmy Rossum and Mr. Robot creator Sam Esmail tied the knot! Yesterday, at an intimate ceremony at a New York City synagogue, Rossum walked down the aisle to say her “I Dos” in an off-the-shoulder white Carolina Herrera gown (the same designer she wore to the Met Gala) with a long white veil that looked absolutely STUNNING. Esmail himself looked pretty spiffy himself in a dapper black suit. Congrats to the happy couple! (h/t People)
2.Ariana Grande’s brother speaks out with an emotional plea following the Manchester concert attack. A few days after Ariana Grande released her first official statement following the deadly terrorist attack at her Manchester concert, her brother, Big Brother alum Frankie Grande, returned to Twitter to address his fans as well. “I echo my sister’s sentiment & say we can’t allow hate to propagate hate & fear to propagate fear, but rather come together & spread a message of love, unity, & empowerment,” he wrote, also sharing a link to a crowdfunding page to support the victims’ families. He followed it up with a beautiful quote, writing, “And so I say, as I have before, shine bright, and when evil comes to drown out your light, throw shade over your beautiful soul, shine brighter!” (Photo via Stuart C. Wilson/Getty)
3. Chrissy Teigen took sweet little Luna to “dada” John Legend’s show and we’re dying of cuteness. Chrissy Teigen and the couple’s daughter Luna took in John Legend’s show in Berkeley, California this weekend, and the babe seemed mesmerized, unable to look away from the stage as her dad performed. “All eyes on dada,” the model captioned the video clip she posted to Instagram. It’s true — Luna is completely transfixed by her dad. How adorbs!
— Cory James (@CoryABC30) May 27, 2017
4. This reporter could not even handle the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride. Cory James, a correspondent for ABC30, got early access to Disney California Adventure’s new Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout ride (think Tower of Terror), and could NOT keep it together. As the ride dropped, went up, then dropped again (and again… and again) James began SCREAMING with his eyes squeezed shut, squeaking out that this might not have been the best idea. Post-ride, James was still shook, saying he was traumatized by the experience: See for yourself right here. (h/t Refinery 29)
5. The internet is remembering Harambe on the anniversary of his death. It was already a year ago that Harambe the gorilla was killed at the Cincinnati Zoo after a toddler had wandered into his cage and zookeepers feared for the toddler’s life. Harambe and his story struck a nerve with the internet, and today, people are remembering his legacy with some (mostly) sincere tributes. RIP Harambe. (Photo via John Sommers II/Getty)
6. Quote of the day: “The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.” A quote from Albert Einstein is a suitable dose of #MondayMotivation on this holiday Monday.
What’s motivating you at the start of a new week? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photo via John Shearer/Getty)