Morning Buzz! Audrina Patridge Says This Surprising Song Got Her Through Her Scary C-Section
TGIF, all! From some late-night hair-ruffling to more potential Calvin and Taylor drama, check out six of today’s top news items below.
1. Turns out Audrina’s baby Kirra had some pretty chill entrance music. Audrina and her fiancé Corey had their first child 11 weeks ago, and only recently did we get to meet the little bundle of joy. Now, in the new issue of People, we’ve learned that the delivery, though ultimately was no problem, was scary for Audrina, as she ended up needing a C-section. “I was scared to have a c-section. She was breech. I tried everything to get her to flip. I went to acupuncture, I floated in the pool, I did front flips, I did handstands, I did everything you could imagine and nothing worked. I waited until the very end of my pregnancy,” Audrina says of the realization. “Corey kept talking to me. And it wasn’t bad at all!…I had the doctors turn up the music in the delivery room so I wouldn’t focus on what was happening.” The song that was playing? Train’s “Hey Soul Sister.”
2. Jimmy Fallon had Donald Trump on The Tonight Show and people are NOT happy about it. Last night, Jimmy Fallon welcomed Trump as a guest for a fun interview on the show, at one point asking to ruffle his hair to prove that it’s real. While late night hosts often welcome presidential candidates, Twitter was NOT happy about this one, claiming that the show was “humanizing a xenophobe.” When is this election over again?!
3. Fans totally think Calvin Harris is dissing Taylor Swift in this new song. Calvin released a new song called “My Way” yesterday, and the lyrics have sparked some drama among fans. The lyrics contain lines like, “Why wait to say, at least I did it my way? Lie awake two-faced, but in my heart I understand,” and “I made my move and it was all about you. I feel so far removed. You are the one thing in my way.” Calvin told iHeartRadio that the “song’s kind of about breaking out of a situation that you thought was a good thing. Then you’re way more comfortable out of it. And it could be anything. It could be a job or it could be a relationship. I kind of had the idea for the concept for a few years, but I didn’t know how to work out how it sounded.” BIG IF TRUE.
This amazing photo of Trump and "Little Miss Flint" has gone viral on Flint Facebook. pic.twitter.com/0exFO0MCZw
— Daniel Dale (@ddale8) September 15, 2016
4. This photo of Little Miss Flint meeting Donald Trump is going viral because LOOK AT IT. Amariyanna “Mari” Copeny, the nine-year-old activist and Little Miss Flint title holder, made headlines when she met President Obama in May. She had written him a letter about the water crisis in Flint, Michigan, and when she got to meet him, it was melt-in-a-puddle-on-the-floor sweet. The image of her meeting Trump stands in stark contrast, and it is blowing up the Internet. Can’t say we don’t feel the same, Mari.
5. OMG: This man rescuing this teeny tiny kitten from traffic is exactly what we need to see heading into the weekend. No YOU’RE crying!
6. Quote of the day: “If I post something, that’s what I’m willing to share at the moment. It doesn’t mean that you, Ryan Seacrest, with millions of listeners, is entitled to more information.” Ariana Grande shuuuuut Seacrest down when he asked about her confirming her relationship with Mac Miller with an Instagram post.
Do you have any big weekend plans? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @audrinapatridge)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)