Happy Tuesday! We’re back again with the morning buzz, so you can dish with your co-workers as you hobnob around the coffee maker this AM. And we have not one, but TWO squee-worthy animals that made this morning’s list, so enjoy!
1. Everyone wants to know about Brie Larson’s bf. The Best Actress winner’s hunky man-date to the Oscars is her longtime boyfriend Alex Greenwald, and the pair are officially the interweb’s new fave couple. Alex, who was the lead singer of Phantom Planet (yes, the band behind The O.C.’s theme song, “California”), has been by Brie’s side throughout award show season as she cleaned up in practically every category she was nominated for, for her role in Room. She’s also shouted him out in every speech.
After her Golden Globes win, she thanked him by saying, “Thank you, Alex, my love,” to which he responded in the audience, “I love you.” Ugh, the cuteness doesn’t stop. (h/t E Online, photos via NBC and Christopher Polk/Getty)
2. This kitten is real life Puss in Boots. A kitten who lives in Korea and goes by the name of Gimo is taking the Internet by storm thanks to its resemblance to Shrek’s adorable feline friend, Puss in Boots. Seriously, this kitty’s face is about 80 percent eyes and it’s so cute, we can’t even deal. Check out the Instagram video above to have the best Tuesday ever.
3. Miley Cyrus just wished Justin Bieber happy birthday with the most twinning pic ever. Today is Justin Bieber’s 22nd birthday, and the tributes to the Sorry singer are already rolling in. One that tops this list, however, is this pic posted by Miley Cyrus on her Instagram. Are Biebs and Miley related? Because, whoa. Trippy as all hell and we can’t stop staring. (Photo via @mileycyrus)
4. Both of Ben Affleck’s exes hate his new tattoo. Last night, Jennifer Lopez was on Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, and she made plain what her thoughts were on her ex-bf Ben Affleck’s new phoenix rising from the ashes tattoo (which you can see here). “It’s awful!” the singer laughed. “It has too many colors! His tattoos always have too many colors. They shouldn’t be so colorful, you know what I mean? They should be, like, cooler.”
Ben’s other ex, Jennifer Garner, who seems to feel the same way, was a little more coy when speaking on her ex-husband’s new ink. In her interview with Vanity Fair, the actress said, “You know what we would say in my hometown about that? ‘Bless his heart.’ A phoenix rising from the ashes. Am I the ashes in this scenario?” (h/t Bravo, photos via Christopher Polk/Getty)
5. Puppy with braces is all of us in middle school. This puppy had to get braces due to a life-threatening condition that was interfering with his eating, and so here he is, with his mouth full of metal. Regardless of why, though, this adorable brace-face is easily one of the cutest things you’re going to see today. Just look at that smile! (h/t The Dodo, photo via Harborfront Hospital for Animals/Facebook)
6. Quote of the Day: “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” — Dr. Seuss
What morning news has caught YOUR attention? Let us know @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Kevork Djansezian/Getty)