Morning Buzz! Finding Dory Will Feature Disney’s First Trans Character + More
It’s Tuesday! Here’s what you need to know:
1. Jimmy Fallon’s Moving Tribute to the Orlando Nightclub Victims Is Pure Class. We’re used to seeing Jimmy Fallon crack jokes on The Tonight Show and ham it up with his guests, but last night we saw a whole new side of the funny man. In a somber speech, he implored of his audience: “We need to support each other’s differences and worry less about our own opinions.” He also wondered out loud how, as a new father, he might be able to explain this tragedy to his own kids.
2. Finding Dory Will Feature Disney’s First Trans Character. Ellen told USA Today: “Actually, I’ll tell you a little secret, there’s a stingray that’s becoming sting-Rhonda, so there’s a trans sting in the movie.” This comes shortly after rumors that the movie would feature Disney’s first lesbian couple, but DeGeneres kept mum on those deets. (h/t BuzzFeed UK, Image via Disney.)
3. Zayn Malik Is Going the Extra Mile for Gigi Hadid Post-Split. In case you haven’t heard yet, Zayn and Gigi are definitely back together and, according to “sources” (cough), Zayn’s been going out of his way to make up for their initial rift and to change the unspecified behavior that may have contributed to their short split. You can do it, bbs! (h/t Perez Hilton, Image via Larry Busacca/Getty)
4. The Red Hot Chili Peppers Joined James Corden on Carpool Karaoke... and everyone ended up shirtless. Natch.
5. Kanye West Just Announced the North American Dates for His Saint Pablo Tour. The tour kicks off in Indianapolis on August 25 and will wrap in Las Vegas on October 29, and it’s expected to gross like a kajillion dollars. Get excited! (h/t E!, Image via Getty.)
6. “Stop others f*cking with your future.” — Keira Knightly in a new video campaign meant to encourage UK voters to vote to stay within the EU in the current EU referendum. (h/t BuzzFeed)
Are you planning to see Kanye when he tours the US this fall? Let us know @BritandCo!