Morning Buzz! Here’s Why Chrissy Teigen Offered to Be Kim Kardashian’s Surrogate + More
From total #friendshipgoals to the only item your Christmas list needs, check out six of today’s top news items below!
1. That’s what friends are for! After revealing in a recent episode of KUWTK that, after two complicated pregnancies, Kim’s doctor isn’t sure she would be able to healthily give birth again, Chrissy Teigen tells Access Hollywood that, because of her positive experience being pregnant, she would carry Kim and Kanye’s third child in a heartbeat. “I would be her surrogate in a second,” she said. “I really enjoyed the pregnancy process — I loved it. Yes. In a heartbeat.” Chrissy herself had difficulties getting pregnant until her and husband John Legend successfully had Luna through IVF. If this isn’t #friendshipgoals, I don’t know what is.
2. Hillary Clinton’s first appearance since losing the election was an emotional one. Last night, Hillary appeared at a Children’s Defense Fund gala, a cause near to her heart, as she spent time working there when she was a young lawyer. “I will admit coming here tonight wasn’t the easiest thing for me,” she said, holding back tears. “There have been a few times this past week when all I wanted to do is just to curl up with a good book, or our dogs, and never leave the house again.” Hillary knows we feel the same. She went on to encourage her supporters to “believe in our country, fight for our values and never give up.” (h/t NYT, photo via Scott Olson/Getty)
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Kylie Cosmetics (@kyliecosmetics) on
3. Kylie Jenner just revealed her holiday collection and it is MASSIVE. Can’t. Type. Drooling. The Kylie Cosmetics Christmas Stocking is officially released on Monday, November 21. Now excuse us, back to studying this picture…
4. Actor Shelly Duval reveals her struggles with mental illness in a shocking TV appearance. Best known for her role in The Shining, Shelly’s upcoming appearance on the Dr. Phil show reveals that she has been suffering in her life away from the spotlight with mental illness. “I’m very sick; I need help,” she tells Dr. Phil in the preview, which also shows her describing some of the delusions and symptoms affecting her. The interview is scheduled to air on Friday.
5. Eddie Redmayne dishes on the dating-Taylor-Swift rumors. On a new episode of Watch What Happens Live featuring actor Eddie Redmayne, Andy Cohen can’t help but bring up his recent favorite subject, Taylor Swift. He was wondering if Eddie and Taylor had, in fact, been on a date, as rumors have suggested. “I absolutely can put the rumors to rest. I never went out on a date with Taylor Swift. Although, I met Taylor Swift,” he said, before detailing their meeting. “She auditioned for Les Miserables and she was amazing in the audition. We got to sing together, which was a big moment for me. But no, we never went out. She was extraordinary.”
6. Quote of the day: “We have nutritionists, we have dietitians, we have trainers, we have our own schedules, we have nannies. We have people who make it possible for us to get back into shape. But nobody should feel like that’s normal, or like that’s realistic.” Chrissy Teigen tells the Today Show that women need to be easier on themselves about losing baby weight.
How do you keep a healthy mind about unrealistic lifestyles you see in the media? Let us know @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)