Ryan Lochte welcomes his first child and a secret Gotham wedding lead this morning’s top news stories. Check out those and more below!
1. Ryan Lochte and fiancée Kayla Rae Reid welcomed their first child early this morning, Us Weekly reports. The healthy baby boy arrived at 5:46am, and while there are no pics or a name available just yet, we can bet the first official reveal from the new mom and dad will be as amazing as their underwater pregnancy announcement. Congrats, y’all!
2. Here’s how to follow along with former FBI Director James Comey’s testimony today. Comey — who was fired by President Trump in May — will testify today in the ongoing investigation into Russian interference in the election. He released a prepared statement yesterday, which you can read here, and he’s scheduled to start his testimony at 10am today. Bloomberg will be streaming it right on Twitter, which you can find here, and if you’re brave enough, get a tab open with the #ComeyTestimony hashtag. Godspeed. (Photo via Alex Wong/Getty)
3. Gotham stars Ben McKenzie and Morena Baccarin secretly got married! Over a year after having their first kid together and seven months after getting engaged, Ben McKenzie and Morena Baccarin tied the knot, People reports. The couple quietly wed this past Friday (which also happened to be Baccarin’s 38th birthday!) with just family and close friends at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden in New York. Congrats to the happy couple! (Photo via Michael Loccisano/Getty)
4. Florida Georgia Line’s Tyler Hubbard and wife Hayley are expecting their first baby. The Hubbards shared the exciting news in a ~pee stick pic~ on Instagram just hours before bringing their excitement to the CMT Music Awards last night. “We’ve had such a hard time not telling everybody for the last few months because we are SO excited,” Tyler wrote in the pic’s caption. “WE ARE PREGNANT. Holy cow we’re going to be parents. God is so good and we can’t wait for this next chapter of our life.” Congrats to the growing family!
5. We are all this dog getting comfy-cosies to watch some TV. Namely, Planet Earth. Good dog!
6. Quote of the day: “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” A sentiment from C.S. Lewis that likely sounds familiar and will make you smile on National Best Friends Day.
How did you meet your best friend? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featued photo via Michael Kovac/Getty)