These Are the 10 Airbnbs Everyone Is Crushing On
If you’re looking for unique, luxurious, picture-perfect places to stay around the world, there’s no shortage of options to be found on Airbnb. The travel site rounded up their most liked homes on Instagram last year, and the list includes a scenic lakeside retreat in New Zealand, a private riad in Morroco, and a cliffside villa on the Italian coast. Check out the top 10 listings, based on guest photos — you’ll be inspired to start planning your next vacation immediately.
1. LUC 22 Boutique Alpine Retreat, Queenstown, New Zealand: This private house in the mountains of Queenstown has sliding barn doors, industrial steel furnishings, and cedar walls. But the gorgeous scenery is what makes it all worth it — you’ll want to spend all day soaking in the tub overlooking Lake Wakatipu.
2. Lazzarella Room in Old Mill, Ravello, Italy: This old mill turned home on Italy’s Amalfi Coast looks like something out of a romance movie. It was built in 1621 and sits along the banks of Dragone River, which provides a calm, gentle breeze for you to enjoy along with the views.
3. Willow Treehouse, Willow, NY: Nestled in the woods, this modern treehouse is just 15 minutes from Woodstock and has a hot tub and a swimmable pond on the property. The sleeping loft is accessible by ladder only — a true adventure in the making.
4. Joshua Tree Campover Cabin, Joshua Tree, USA: Head to Joshua Tree, but skip the hardcore camping. This renovated 1950s cabin sits on 22 acres and has all the modern amenities you want, like a full kitchen and bathroom. Plus, you can enjoy desert sunrises and sunsets straight from bed.
5. Beautiful Riad, Marrakech, Morocco: Settle down in a quiet part of an ancient medina of Marrakech. After wandering through the nearby street markets, relax back at this riad by taking a dip in the pool and enjoying the fruits and pastries that are delivered daily.
6. The Boat House, Milsons Passage, Australia: This boathouse just outside Sydney is located on the banks of the Hawkesbury River and can only be reached by boat. But once you’re there, it’s an idyllic place to swim off the private pier or cozy up by the fireplace.
7. Casalibera Trastevere, Rome, Italy: Vintage design and contemporary art are two of the major features of this modern apartment in the Trastevere neighborhood of Rome. It’s filled with artwork and ’40s-style furniture, and it features a charming balcony where you can spend your mornings and evenings.
8. Incredible Apartment, Perledo, Lake Como, Italy: Vacation like a celeb in Lake Como under the vaulted ceilings of this bright apartment! You can enjoy an aperitivo along with amazing views of the villages of Varenna, Bellagio, and Menaggio courtesy of its huge windows, and three balconies.
9. Exclusive Villa with Private Dock, Piano di Sorrento, Italy: Another Amalfi Coast destination, this cliffside villa has private access to the sea, a saltwater swimming pool built into the rocks, and two terraces for total relaxation.
10. The Triangle Siargao, General Luna, Siargao Island, Philippines: An A-frame cabin on a tropical island? Sign us up. This house in the jungle is surrounded by lush greenery, and there’s an herbal garden in the back, if you feel like picking your own basil, ginger, or chilis.
Tag us in your next vacation on Instagram @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Airbnb)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.