Diversity and representation in fashion is something we can all get behind. After all, who wants to limit their style inspo to just Western culture? (Who wants to limit their style, period?) And a growing number of fashion brands apparently agree, with everyone from Dolce & Gabbana to Nike expanding their offerings to Muslim women in the last few years. Indeed, modest fashion is a huge market, and some of the world’s most stylish women choose to cover up. In celebration of Muslim Women’s Day on March 27, Brit + Co is highlighting the real stories of Muslim women. We rounded up Instagram’s hijabi style MVP’s. Get to know them, cop their style, thank us later.
1. @dinatokio: British/Egyptian Dina Torkia doesn’t shy away from color and print. Her insta is chock full of florals, stripes, and embroidery with hints of athleisure, not to mention beauty tips and food inspo. Sign us up!
2. @asci_akf: Kuwaiti-American Ascia Al Faraj of The Hybrids’ (a husband and wife style blog) experiments with layering and mixing prints (and balancing motherhood). She also recently partnered with Net-a-Porter to curate a modest dressing online shop for women who want to cover up in high fashion.
3. @summeralbarcha: Born and raised in the US and of Syrian descent, St. Louis-based Albarcha started her modest fashion blog as a teen. Look for a laid-back, girl-meets-boy vibe, and lots of beautiful travel shots.
4. @withloveleena: Favoring a soft palette and minimalist style, Leena Asad’s feed is full of blush, camel, gray, and white pieces put together in a sleek, wearable way. Added bonus? Now there’s some major wedding eye candy from the newlywed’s recent nuptials.
5. @mariaalia: Maria Alia is of Palestinian/Puerto Rican descent with a distinctly NYC flavor. A scroll through her feed serves up edgy looks that include bomber jackets, track pants, and corset waist details.
6. @hijabhills: Netherlands-based Ruba Zai travels a lot (yes, please) and looks great doing it. Look for tons of reworked classic styling, not to mention swoon-worthy backdrops.
7. @feeeeya: Saufeeya Goodson describes herself as “a country gal from North Carolina, raised in Dubai” and is co-owner of wildly successful account @hijabfashion. Check out her personal feed for mirrored sunnies, statement jewelry, and colorful walls for days.
8. @abouthatwrap: In addition to running modest fashion shop Aboutthatwrap.com, Egyptian-born, California-bred Reem Motaweh travels the globe and documents her laid-back style along the way. And she’s only 21!
9. @dalalid: Join Kuwaiti Dalal AlDoub’s two million Insta-fans and follow along for sleek, pulled-together lewks, #outerweargoals, and flawless makeup.
Want more street style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!