8 It-Bags Influencers Are Dying for This Summer
If accessories make the outfit, then these covetable bags complete the lewk. We polled a bevy of Insta style stars about the head-turning carryalls they can’t wait to rock this summer: fanny packs, bucket bags, rattan totes, PVC stunners, jelly baskets, and ultra-fem crossbodies. Scroll their top picks for some serious fashion inspo and be prepared to immediately reach for your credit card.
1. Stella McCartney Star Belt Bag ($895): “A fanny pack is a must-have for summer! This one from Stella McCartney is so trendy right now and to top it off, it’s cruelty-free.” — Model, Designer and Influencer Nicole Williams
2. Les Petits Joueurs Big Trilly Heart Cupid ($750): “I’m loving this pouch bag from Les Petits Joueurs. As it gets warmer out, I don’t want to be carrying a big heavy bag, so a smaller pouch is the way to go! I’m into the bright yellow and fun embroidery and I’d wear this around the city, to the beach for the weekend, and out at night with friends. It’s such a versatile piece and perfect for the warm weather ahead.” — Blogger and Stylist Caroline Vazzana
3. Palmgrens Classic Rattan Bag ($326): “The ones I’m coveting most right now are definitely a bit more playful, which is fun as my personal style is pretty classic. I love how a more interesting bag can spice up an otherwise boring outfit. There are two that really caught my eye, and the first one I’ve actually already purchased: Palmgrens’ rattan bag. They’ve been making this (exact) style since the fifties. It’s so unique and special and the leather gets better with age. The second keeps selling out! It’s Staud’s clear/white Shirley bag that comes in several other colors, but I’m dying for the white. I’m on the wait list!” — Blogger Grace Atwood
4. Chloé Nile Small Bracelet Crossbody Bag ($1,690): “My summer mindset is always to think pink, and this cute little Chloé bag says it all! I love how the classic style is more feminine with the antique gold bracelet handle, but there’s also that option to go hands-free with the long strap. I would wear this bag with anything from an all-white ensemble with sneakers to a summery dress with sandals or wedges.” — Blogger Fran Acciardo
5. Hat Attack Petite Seagrass Tote ($92): “I can’t wait to buy this bag for summer. My iPhone and lip balm fit perfectly in there, so it’s the ideal size.” — Model, Founder of Sporteluxe, and Influencer Bianca Cheah
6. Madewell Sun Jellies Retro Basket Tote ($24): “Right now, it seems like you can’t walk down the street without seeing a basket bag! This is one trend I am absolutely ALL in on! While I’m never one to jump on the latest fashion fad bandwagon, the basket bag has vintage roots, making it a piece that is both trendy and timeless and you’ll wear it for years to come. My favorite one right now is from Madewell and doesn’t require much investment at all — it’s only $24, made of recycled plastic, and can even be flattened for packing. Your beach vacation BFF!” — Blogger Jess Keys
7. Chanel Multicolor PVC and Lambskin Quilted Flap Bag ($4,000): “I’ve been seeing PVC everywhere and love some pink for summer. I’m always drawn to small structured bags with top handles because they feel so classic and feminine, so this Chanel bag totally fits the bill for me.” — Actress and Influencer Chloe Bridges
8. Staud Moreau Bucket Bag ($375): “When this beautiful leather and net bag debuted last summer, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of it. Then winter came around and I forgot all about. Now it’s back and every time I look for one, it’s sold out and I know why — the under $400 price point, on-trend netting, leather handle and easy bucket shape makes it irresistible to all fashion lovers. I hope to snag one soon (hopefully in the cognac + white combo!)” — Blogger Anna Jane Wisniewski
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.