8 New Age Self-Help Books to Inspire Your Own Fall Awakening
There are two things you should connect to this fall: your daily cup of autumnal coffee (so cozy) and your spirit. These eight divine New Age reads belong on every soul-searcher’s bookshelf this fall. Whether you’re seeking more happiness, creativity or zen in your life, we have a book rec for you. Reader beware: This may be the most enlightening reading season of your life.
1. Change Maker by Rebecca Austill-Clausen ($14): Losing a sibling is one of the most heartbreaking events a human can go through — but Rebecca Austill-Clausen’s relationship with her brother didn’t end when he died. She found that she could communicate with him in the afterlife. Chapter by chapter, Change Maker explores Clausen’s spiritually transformative experience and her profound acceptance that the soul’s journey is longer than she ever imagined.
2. This Trip Will Change Your Life by Jennifer B. Monahan ($17): We devour profound stories about people connecting with their spirit, and this New Age delight doesn’t disappoint. One spontaneous trip to Yucatan, Mexico forever changed Jennifer Monahan’s connection to the spirit world, and we guarantee you’ll be mesmerized by her extraordinary goosebump-inducing journey toward discovering life’s grand purpose.
3. The Universe Has Your Back by Gabrielle Bernstein ($17): Now this is the life lesson we all need to learn: how to transform fear into faith. New York Times bestselling author Gabrielle Bernstein delivers a blueprint to spiritual novices on how to live a genuine and divinely guided life. If you’re a control freak and you can’t let go of life’s harnesses, you’ll basically have no choice after reading this one.
4. Inner Engineering: A Yogi’s Guide to Joy by Sadhguru ($16): Whether you’re a newbie to the yoga realm or your headstand game is on-point, yogi leader Sadhguru delivers an incredible explanation of the classical science behind the universally beloved practice. Dive into this New Age treat and allow this beloved and renowned guru to deepen your spiritual understanding and guide you to profound inner joy — not to mention deeper your understanding of the spiritual science behind your weekly vinyasa class.
5. I Am the Word by Paul Selig ($13): In need of a mini emotional cleanse that rids your body and mind of negativity? I Am the Word is your answer. Geared toward helping readers realign their existence and rid themselves of emotionally harmful habits, this book is the first stop for identifying the foundations of unhappiness and rebuilding a more blissful life.
6. Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist and Ashley Wiersma ($8): For the daily hustler who’s constantly saturated in their professional grind and routines, it’s easy to forget the meaning of “being present.” Present Over Perfect is an education within itself and gently reminds readers that being an engaged human is the most important goal, and that everything else can take a spiritual backseat.
7. Flourish by Margaret Feinberg ($12): This 52-week devotional is the most engaging spiritual experience to hit bookshelves this season. Loaded with references, prayers and reflections for soul-searching readers, Flourish is easily one of the most effective ways to reconnect with yourself this fall.
8. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert ($13): This New York Times bestselling author already transformed millions of lives with her international hit Eat, Pray, Love — and guess what? Elizabeth Gilbert has done it again. This time, she guides readers to living a fully creative life bursting with passion, mindfulness and everlasting fulfillment. We’re excited for the paperback edition to be released this fall!
What’s on your fall spiritual or self-help reading list? Tweet us @BritandCo and let us know!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)