This Is How to DIY Your Own Zen Getaway
Today we’re making your dreams come true: We are showing you how to build a private retreat in your home for a quick escape anytime you are stressed or need a break from life. Creating your own zen getaway is easy, even if you only have a tiny space. Whether you’re looking to create a yoga nook or you just want a spot for some quiet reflection, we’ve got everything you need to bring on the chill vibes. Scroll on for 10 ways to design your own tranquil hideaway.
1. Add Air Filters: Having an air-cleaning plant will keep your space fresh and pollution free, helping you breathe freely. Plus, you’ll feel a tiny bit of pride knowing you DIYed the planter yourself. (via Brit + Co)
4. New Age Wall Decal ($29): Whether you’re renting or just not ready for a major home renovation, adding decals like this mandala is an easy way to bring some pop to your walls without any drilling or painting.
5. Make Music: Singing bowls are a great way to relax and unwind during a meditation session. Playing the bowl creates different tones and soothing vibrations to decrease anxiety and increase positivity. (via Free People)
6. Illuminate ($32): This lemongrass tea candle is guaranteed to infuse your room with a soothing scent.
9. Block Out Noise ($130): Your space should be entirely free of street noise, voices and any other chaos. A noise machine can help you reach zen in no time.
Have you created a zen getaway in your home? Tell us what you love about it in the comments below.
(feature image via Free People)