With the whole world at our fingertips, it’s easy to swipe through hundreds of news websites and Instagram feeds without absorbing much of the content. To save you time (and a thumb cramp!) we’re sharing 10 of the best Instagram news feeds filled with useful and eye-catching imagery. Now you can stay up-to-date on worldwide happenings from the comfort of your couch.
1. @marcusbleasdale : Marcus Bleasdale is a National Geographic photographer (enough said!) who focuses on human rights conflicts around the world. His photographs bring a tangible human element to large-scale news events that are often sanitized by mainstream news outlets.
2. @TIME : A foolproof source for health, science, living, sports and entertainment news, the TIME Instagram feed echoes content found on its extensive website. Here, you’ll find throwbacks to old TIME magazine covers and breaking-news images making headlines. From royal births to political rallies, this is the place to gain quick insight into current affairs.
3. @wwd : This leading style publication is an essential source for fashion enthusiasts interested in the style and business side of the industry. Whether you’re scrolling through new designer duds or catwalks, WWD’s feed will make you feel like you’re just inches away from the runway.
4. @wired : Available in both magazine and online form, Wired is an authority on all things tech. Reporting on emerging technology, culture, the economy and politics, this is a one-stop shop for your modern news needs.
5. @WSJ : A favorite of city professionals, the Wall Street Journal is a credible source of international business and market news. The Instagram feed sits alongside the newspaper’s daily publication, which has a circulation of around 2.4 million copies.
News With an Opinion
6. @slate : Despite being owned by The Washington Post, Slate distances itself from the mainstream media. In addition to its influential political coverage, the site’s “Explainer” columns take on sometimes amusing questions (do parrots have any idea what they’re talking about?) and theological debate (can you believe in miracles if you don’t believe in god?). This is an alternative news source full of facts worth knowing.
7. @TheBleacherReport : A must-follow for sports fans, San Francisco-based website The Bleacher Report covers almost every team and game you can think of. Known as B/R, the website specializes in explaining trending news topics and in-depth post-game analyses.
8. @theonion : Dubbed “America’s finest news source,” The Onion is another strong contender for general news with a twist. It’s got a whole section dedicated to popular videos and a sarcastic tone running through the copy.
9. @mtv : It’s not news that the music-focused channel is all entertainment these days, but their ‘gram game in the entertainment news world is top notch. Check out their #NeedtoKnow video every morning and get emoji-fied news about your favorite celebs and their projects 24/7.
Do you get your news from Instagram? Let us know which accounts you follow in the comments below!