Pageboy, newsboy, baker boy… no matter what you call it, we can all agree on one thing: This hat is stylish and not going anywhere anytime soon. Everyone from models to bloggers have been sporting the Oliver Twist-approved topper this season, and now you can too. There’s no denying the retro, menswear-inspired accessory makes a fancy finishing touch to your outfit, and these six trendsetters below know exactly how to rock it.
1. Sailor Feels: If you thought a cap was just for casual garb, think again. Olivia Culpo pulled it off in a white version and paired it with a ruffled blazer-dress. The former Miss Universe is giving off major Popeye vibes, and we’re not mad at it.
2. Patent Pending: Go for a shiny version to let your topper really stand out. Pair it with more casual pieces, a la Chiara Ferragni, to help balance your look.
3. Red Hot: Feeling a little extra? Make a statement in red. Danielle Bernstein wore her hat with matching booties, but the black jumpsuit kept things from feeling like she’s trying too hard.
4. Pretty in Pink: Take a cue from Camila Cabello and let an accessory be your pop of color. The singer stuck with a black and white palette, which kept that baby pink cap in focus.
5. Camel Couture: Blogger Brittany Xavier loves her hats — and we can see why! Snag yourself a newsboy cap in a go-with-everything hue and wear it with fall-perfect pieces, like a bomber and a leather mini.
6. Black to Basics: Sometimes the perfect accessory to an accessory is a coffee. Throw in a simple black cap, a pair of round shades and a hint of skin and you’ve got yourself a fabulous weekend outfit.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.