Thanks to the raw, natural beauty looks that MUA Wendy Rowe created for Burberry during Fashion Month, the “new nude” trend is officially here. The inclusive new look is minimalist and bare, and features concealer in diverse shades of nude, unfilled brows, and natural tones and textures. Oh — and forget about sweaty-sexy skin, ’cause the future of this season’s foundations is decidedly matte. Here are 14 ways to rock the new nude trend just in time for 2018.
1. NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte Powder Foundation ($10): Oily skin types (or those with a preference for powder) will love NYX’s matte foundation powder. This drugstore beauty buy is so worth trying.
2. Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation ($34): Find your perfect shade in Rihanna’s skin-clusive matte foundation collection. The medium-to-full coverup comes in forty different shades of matte, liquid perfection.
3. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Corrective Concealer Pen Brush ($13): La Roche-Posay is our favorite drugstore beauty brand. So when they released these skin-tone-correcting concealer pens, we freaked for them!
4. Burberry Beauty Cashmere Concealer ($40): Here’s a top-shelf, shine-free concealer — the very one Rowe used on Burberry’s runway. We’re all about its nifty packaging and no-fuss applicator.
5. Bodyography Expressions Trio ($19): We’re pretty obsessed with this trio of warm, multi-tasking babies from the gluten-free brand. Apply the shades to your lids or cheeks for a barely-there-meets-pretty party on your face.
6. Nars Cosmetics Narsissist Loaded Eyeshadow Palette ($59): Let’s face it; your lids *need* the wintry pigments on this limited-edition palette at every holiday party this season, so add it to your wish list ASAP.
7. Milk Makeup Matte Bronzer ($24): Haven’t tried the cult-favorite beauty brand yet? This matte bronzer is a good place to start. We promise your contouring game will never be the same.
8. Victoria Beckham X Estée Lauder Cheek Creme ($60): Posh’s buildable cream bronzer improves upon perfection. Use as many layers as it takes for the natural-looking flush you crave.
9. Ciaté Dewy Stix Luminous Highlighting Balm ($26): You haven’t lived ’til you’ve tried this highlighting beauty balm. Wrap your mind around the ah-mazing concept of non-shimmery highlighter.
10. Hush + Dotti Lip + Cheek Tint ($28): From a makeup artist-designed, green cosmetics line, this nudie-cutie can grace your lids, lips, or cheeks, and is 100-percent travel-friendly.
11. Lawless Beauty Ryan Soft Matte Liquid Lipstick ($25): Without straying too far from your natural shade, this luxe liquid lipstick will make your pucker a little extra smooch-able.
12. L’Oreal Paris X Balmain Paris Lipstick – Confidence ($14): Fashion alert! If you’re down for a little bit of shimmer, the new collab between L’Oreal and Balmain produced this nude-tastic lippie that we’re dying to get our hands on.
13. Sundays Studio No. 07 ($18): With just enough pink to prevent flat-ness, the subtle hue of this polish pulls off understated glam flawlessly.
14. Smith & Cult Nailed Lacquer Ghost Edit ($18): If nude nails just aren’t you, you’ll appreciate this lacquer’s added dimension of shimmer. The warm, golden tone is impossible to resist.
How will you get in on the new nude beauty trend? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.