There’s no looking back now: we’ve seen the first crop of looks for Spring/Summer 2016 and, already — yep, this soon after Labor Day — we can’t wait for the sun to come popping out again. Day 2 was no different, except that now we’re starting to see the very first trends emerge for the new season, like all-white everything, bold patterns and power looks that are as head-turning as they are easy to wear. See all that and more, including the pair of Converse you never knew you needed, in our shortlist of the best Instagrams from yesterday’s front lines at New York Fashion Week.
1. Need-It-Now Look: Former Baby Phat designer Kimora Lee Simmons must have been in an athleisure state of mind when she was designing for SS16. It looks like this spring, you won’t have to choose between your sweatpants and tailored trousers: her office looks, complete with sporty details and easy-going fits, will fill the cozy #Girlboss void in your wardrobe. (via @framenoir)
2. DIY Hair Inspo: Come spring, there will be a a bit more glam injected in the messy girl hair we know and love. Just look at the gorgeous waves on this Raquel Allegra model: flattened at the roots and frizzed to the ends but still dreamy and dramatic. (via @whighfield)
3. Next-Level Makeup: Can we get a “hell yes” for negative space manis? This spring, a few dots of color is all you’ll need to take your bare digits to the next level — it’s lazy girl nail art at its chicest. Thanks for the inspo, Adam Selman! (via @erinbaiano)
4. Street Style #Slay: If anyone can convince you that all-white-everything doesn’t have to look super bridal, soft and feminine, it’s Solange. Add a three-piece suit and pointed mules in the crisp, clean color to your want lists, stat. (via @themodeofficial)
5. OMG Runway Moment: You guys, those are Converse espadrilles at the Adam Selman show. Converse! Espadrilles! (via @proconsulting)
What Insta feeds are you following this FW? Share your favorite NYFW moments with us in the comments below.