Even with Instagram curating the best of the best snaps from New York Fashion Week this year, it’s almost impossible to keep up with the fashion hustle and bustle if you’re not dedicating your entire news feed to #NYFW. Over the course of these next nine days, new trends will emerge on runways, celebs will cause a commotion in the front row, bloggers will take over the streets with their one-of-a-kind style and models will share beauty secrets backstage, but that doesn’t mean you should feel total fashion FOMO if you’re running around slaying your daily checklists and TCB. We’ve come up with a daily NYFW update made specifically for busy girls that boils down the entire day before into 5 must-see pics you can swoon over and share with your friends. Take a look at what you *actually* want to know went down on Day 1 of NYFW!
1. Need-It-Now Look: Lauren Conrad’s debut NYFW collection — and latest for Kohl’s — finally answered our burning question “What do princesses wear when they’re off-duty?” The fairytale factor is unreal, but what’s even more impressive is that these easy-feeling clothes can be your sartorial Prince Charming year round. (via @laurenconrad_com)
2. DIY Hair Inspo: You’re already lacing up the necklines on your tops and the straps on your shoes, why not add a statement string to your hair? The laces in this stunner ‘do, created by hairstylist Linh Nguyen for the Fashion Law Institute show, are a genius way to make braided pigtails look more grown up. (via @kateryaninc)
3. Next-Level Makeup: We’re wishing we had the steady hands to pull of this show-stopping look: a two-toned (look closely!) outlined cat-eye created for Rachel Comey. It might be the most beautiful, minimalist update to the classic flick we’ve ever seen. (@beautydotcom)
4. Street Style #Slay: #squadgoals #denimdiygoals (via @s4tb)
5. OMG Runway Moment: Take a deep breath guys, your favorite Cali-inspired ‘90s styles — bucket hats and board shorts — are making a comeback at BCBGMAXAZRIA. (via @jamesastyle)
What Insta feeds are you following this FW? Share your favorite NYFW moments with us in the comments below.