8 Jaw-Dropping Ways to Style Off-the-Shoulder Tops and Earrings
Out of all the trends represented in your impeccably curated closet, off-the-shoulder style is hands-down the most fun to accessorize. Not only are shoulder-baring pieces eye-catching on their own, but they’re basically blank canvases begging to be adorned with show-stopping baubles. And who could say no to that? Minimalist jewelry has its time and place, but paired with your favorite off-the-shoulder stunner isn’t one of them. Statement accessories, on the other hand, are exactly what the
doctor stylist ordered. So indulge your inner glam girl (without a whole lot of effort) and go there the next time you toss on a bare-it-all blouse with one of these eight DDG off-the-shoulder top + earring pairings.
1. Reformation Mandarin Top ($128) + Tiro Tiro Cael Earrings ($102): This combo is what date-night dreams are made of. The flirty floral top serves up the right balance of sweet and sultry vibes, while these red-threaded geo earrings keep your look feeling cool and carefree. High-waisted jeans and Mary Jane clogs are perfect for a casual coffee or dinner date, while a leather pencil skirt and strappy heels are so ready for a rendezvous at your favorite wine bar.
2. Mango Floral Print Blouse ($50) + & Other Stories Mixed Media Hibiscus Earrings ($55): A ladylike floral print and flowy silhouette can easily read boho babe, but if you’re not diggin’ the free-wheelin’ feel, look to ultra modern accessories to totally turn your ensemble around. This funky sparkler instantly injects contemporary edge into any outfit, putting a totally unexpected twist on your tried-and-true top in two seconds flat. Pull hair back into a topknot and throw on a pair of perfectly pleated culottes to amplify the effect.
3. Kimchi Blue Raquel Ruffle Stripe Off-the-Shoulder Blouse ($54) + Topshop Wood Disc Earrings ($22): Minimalists everywhere, listen up — shimmery statement drops aren’t the only way to add wow factor to a fluttery, shoulder-baring top. Sleek geometric design delivers an element of understated cool and balances out the otherwise frilly feel of the top’s ruffle detail. Look to complementary colors to achieve a cohesive vibe, or go over the top with bright, bold hues.
4. Lost Ink Denim Off Shoulder Top ($52) + J.Crew Fun Floral and Crystal Earrings ($78): Look at a dark denim top as an opportunity to go big in the color department when it comes to your baubles. Shades of vibrant yellow, pink and green shine bright against the inky indigo fabric and bring the drama in a totally modern way. The only thing this getup needs is a pair of light wash jeans and metallic loafers. Double denim, 2016 edition.
5. Zara Off-the-Shoulder Top ($36) + Corres Madrid Otto Earrings ($148): Bold, bright color is a force to be reckoned with this season. Avoid disrupting the look-at-me style by adorning your lobes with elegant gold hoops that pack just as much of-the-moment appeal. Get more mileage out of this flawless pairing by layering it over a frilly high-neck blouse or bright turtleneck tee for the office.
6. Free People Tula Top ($58) + BaubleBar Menorca Drops ($34): While this bare-it-all beauty would no doubt look lovely with shoulder-grazing tassels, the combination feels, well, expected. The solution? Oversized hoops in lively, saturated colors that will take this flouncy top into fashion-forward territory stat. Playful pink lipstick is obligatory.
7. C/meo Collective The Palisades Geo Top ($170) + Lionette Maya Earrings ($98): This clean-cut geo top is calling all the shots, and these silvery honeycomb danglers are more than ready to step up to the plate. They hold their own against the attention-grabbing print, while setting a sophisticated-yet-modern tone for the rest of the outfit. Add cut out mules and cropped flares for the win.
8. H&M Off-the-Shoulder Top ($35) + Zara Twisted Earrings ($16): Playing it cool takes on a whole new meaning when you add this fuss-free pairing to your rotation. Make the most of its less-is-more appeal by styling it alongside belted trousers and slip-on flats for your next GNO.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.