There’s no denying it: Off-the-shoulder tops, dresses, rompers — you name it — are the ultimate in summer dressing. They instantly infuse a flirty, feminine feel into almost any ensemble and jibe perfectly with summer’s care-free vibe. They work with everything in your wardrobe, from a sporty skort to ‘7os-inspired flairs. If you don’t have one kicking around in your closet, make sure you add one of these shoulder-baring numbers to your list of summer must-haves. Here is a week’s worth of #OOTDs to help you nail your new favorite look.
1. @songofstyle: A striped midi, lace-up sandals and a classic straw fedora make Aimee Song’s off-the-shoulder top feel fit for a trip to the Amalfi Coast — although Salvation Mountain isn’t bad either. (via @songofstyle)
2. @xandervintage: Alanna’s red crop off-the-shoulder top could easily be taken for frilly, but by adding a high-waisted mesh skirt with an athletic edge, she strikes the perfect balance between feminine and fashion forward. (via @xandervintage)
3. @tsangtastic: Work that double denim thang in a whole new way by layering bright white overalls over a shoulder-baring chambray top. The ruffles feel flirty and fun, while add-ons like metallic brogues give the look a cool, borrowed-from-the-boys flair. (via @tsangtastic)
4. @tuulavintage: Show off those shoulders at the shore this summer by trading out your tried-and-true triangle or bandeau top. Sleek shades and a floppy wide-brim sun hat are an absolute must for sending this look straight into glam goddess territory. Just make sure to keep your sunscreen game on lock, since this topper could leave some seriously weird tan lines. (via @tuulavintage)
5. @shellystuckman: While the lacy fabric infuses Shelly’s look with a touch of country charm, acid-wash cutoffs, floral wedges and a Panama hat give off some serious West Coast vibes. This is one outfit we want to rock all summer long. (via @shellystuckman)
6. @looklingerlove: Need a few new frocks for all those upcoming weddings? Take a note out of Chassity’s style book and go for a flowy off-the-shoulder A-line dress in a bright, eye-catching hue. Pair it up with polished pieces like metallic ankle-strap pumps and an oversized clutch for a look that will get you through wedding season in style. (via @looklingerlove)
7. @dallaswardrobe: Get your monochromatic game on by pairing a classic off-the-shoulder shirt with your favorite white denim. While it might not be a getup you’d want to wear to a barbecue (if you’re like us, you’re bound to be covered in stains from just looking at the food), its an on-point choice for date night or a little weekend window shopping. (via @dallaswardrobe)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.