Beat It Bikinis! 20 Modern One Piece Swimsuits For Looking Hot in the Sun
This spring break, think twice before you brush off the idea of wearing a one piece. True, they have a bad rap, labeled as childish or exclusively for moms, and that’s really unfortunate. We’re here to shake that mindset and prove that swimsuits have never been so stylish. Complete with cool cutouts, color blocks, and just the right amount of coverage, these 20 one pieces are fit for any modern beach babe.
1. Junior’s One-Piece Swimsuit Color Block ($30): Pastel color blocks create a beautiful—and flattering—graphic on this one piece.
2. Mouille Keyhole Halter One-Piece Swimsuit ($187): See, cutouts can be cute! These perfectly placed keyholes make this pink swimsuit.
3. Seafolly Mod Club High Neck Maillot Swimsuit ($179): Chevron can basically make anything chic—case in point: this onsie. A thick halter tie adds vintage flair.
4. Red Carter Posy Peplum Swimsuit ($195): The mirror floral patterned makes this print ultra modern, kicking this underwire equipped swimsuit into high gear. The peplum skirt is a flirty detail for sure.
5. Junior’s One-Piece Swimsuit Chain Print ($30): We’re suckers for a nautical-inspired swimsuit, so you can imagine how easily this striped number won us over. The addition of red chain is genius.
6. Two-Tone Malibu Swimsuit ($42): Shiny nylon makes this two-toned swimsuit a totally eye-catching affair.
7. Nanette Lepore Riviera Goddess Maillot ($166): Tribal pattern sitching adds an exotic touch to this tangerine swimsuit, which can be worn with or without its thin halter strap. We’re obsessed with the triangular keyhole at the bust.
8. Minkpink Graffiti Aztec Cut Out One-Piece Swimsuit ($136): Even though this graphic swimsuit mimics a bikini in the back, its curvy cutouts and bustier top ensure both coverage and support. While not entirely practical, the front zipper detail is super trendy.
9. This is a Love Song Cat Cutout One-Piece Swimsuit ($99): As if the pearly blue color of this once piece didn’t do the trick, the playful cat graphic makes it absolutely stellar.
10. Mouille Amelie One-Piece Swimsuit ($187): It’s official: we found the ultimate all-black one piece, and it’s not boring at all. Expertly placed cutouts and a slick scoop neckline make sure of that.
11. Ruffled Halter Maillot ($98): The ruffled collar and tie waist detail make this more than your average spotted swimsuit, and proves that polka dots don’t always have to be donned on something itsy bitsy to get noticed! ;)
12. Sail Away Underwire Tank ($90): Wobbly blue stripes act as waves for the hundreds of tiny boats sailing on this too-cute swimsuit (look closely!). Contrast shoulder straps make the adorable graphics really pop.
13. By Miraclesuit Lisa One-Piece Swimsuit ($148): A draped halter collar gives this swimsuit some breathing room, making it easy to wear and flattering to boot (how about those beads?)! It also adds an unexpected scalloped detail at the waist where contrast color continues across the back.
14. Nookie Beach Leo Print Swimsuit With Keyhole Detail ($224): If polka dots feel too traditional, try amping up your swimsuit spot game with this neon blue cheetah print swimsuit. Because…why not?
15. Speedo Crossback One Piece Swimsuit Lime Print ($50): Speedo has really stepped up its swimwear game since we donned their classic one-piece with floaties. The neon-tinted geometric stripes make this suit wow-worthy, especially once you get a glimpse of the matching criss-crossing straps.
16. Jersey Lomellina Color Block Tank ($98): Small chested ladies, this tri-colored swimsuit would look oh so flattering on your form. The vertical color blocks keep this one piece looking ultra fresh.
17. Color Block Stripe Tank ($70): This might be the one white swimsuit we wouldn’t freak out about slipping into. Those lavender and blue stripes are is so dreamy!
18. Dot Underwire Tank ($90): Looking for a punchy swimsuit? This polka dot number definitely does the trick, boasting a preppy color combo that will look killer whether you’re tan or not!
19. Touche Color Blocked Maillot ($140): Can a swimsuit get any chicer? We think not—contenders would have to bypass this exquisite one piece that’s color blocked to perfection.
20. Asos Stripe Belted Swimsuit ($57): This one piece cinches you nicely at the waist with a wide black band—a detail that’s incredibly forgiving. Stripes look mighty nice running down the back , while they’re tastefully broken to bits on the front.
Would you ever rock a one-piece swimsuit? What was your favorite style on this list? Tell us in the comments below.
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!