The Cutest Swimsuits for Kids from 8 Sustainable Brands
Summer might be a month away but since the weather is warming up in most of the country, we say it's ON. Whether you have an inflatable pool in the backyard or you're heading out for a socially distant beach day, these *adorable* swimsuits will up-level your kids water-play style and come from brands who care about their impact on the planet. Win-win swim!
This sunny yellow Pacific Rainbow Charlotte swimsuit is made with Italian Oeko-Tex-certified fabric in SPF50.
Here's Rylee & Cru's "flower outline" one piece for girls too. We love a good rash guard for all-day-in-the-sun play.
And Tea Collection's girls swimwear.
Here's some classy cuteness from Pacific Rainbow that uses SPF50 Oeko-Tex-certified fabric.
Oeuf not only makes super cute kids modern furniture but it does a sweet job for kids clothes too. The company practices a slew of ethical practices, like fair trade, no child labor, ensuring good working conditions and r-e-s-p-e-c-t for the environment, using eco-friendly materials such as GOTS-certified organic Pima cotton or alpaca (which is sheared humanely without harm to the animals). Also, we are all about these mini tomatoes!
And the Oeuf Swim Bonnet? We can't even...
Hanna Andersson uses OEKO-TEX Standard 100-certified cotton for most of their Scandi-style classics and the company plants trees equal to the amount used for their catalogs. And with its "Hannadowns" policy, you can send back Hanna Andersson clothes that no longer fit for a discount on their next order and they'll donate to charity. This Sunblock one piece suit blocks 97 percent of harmful UVA/UVB rays and any of the accessories would make a super cute add on.
Boden has made a commitment to use 100 percent regenerated or recycled fabric for all its clothing and swimwear by 2025. Check out these Boden swimsuits for kids made from recycled materials, including plastic bottles and fishing nets:
- Surf Suit - Firecracker Red Surfing Croc
- Natural World Swim Trunks - Light Blue Natural World
- Printed Surf Shorts - Aqua Blue Geo Lolly
*Another* super cute number from Pacific Rainbow, the Lisa One Piece in Poppy Seed. Um, can we please have one in our size??
Tag us in all your outdoor adventures @BritandCo and happy summer, y'all!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
This post has been updated.
- 13 Designers With an Equally Cool Kids Line - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Designer Swimsuits and Their Budget-Friendly Doppelgängers ... ›
- How to Wash and Care for Your Swimsuits - Brit + Co ›
- 11 Stylish Sun Protection Fashion Finds for Your Tot - Brit + Co ›
- Beat It Bikinis! 20 Modern One Piece Swimsuits For Looking Hot in ... ›
- 10 Summer Swimsuits That Stun from the Back - Brit + Co ›
- 11 Swimsuits For Flat Chests - Brit + Co ›
- Affordable Summer Swimwear from Amazon ›
- How To Buy Ethical Fashion And Beauty — Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›
- 18 Ways to Make Your Kid’s Pool Party Epic - Brit + Co ›
- 19 Summer Essentials That Show The Planet Some Love - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Monokinis That Are Just as Cute as a Two-Piece for Summer - Brit + Co ›
- 26 Cool and Colorful Ways to Organize Your Kids’ Room - Brit + Co ›
- This Reversible Swimwear Brand Lets You Score Two (Four?) Cute Suits in One - Brit + Co ›
Theresa Gonzalez is a content creator based in San Francisco and the author of Sunday Sews. She's a lover of all things design and spends most of her days momming her little one Matilda.