For many of us, 2017 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2018! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January for new ideas, hacks, and, skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
While we love minimalistic design, some of our stylish bits and pieces are too pretty to toss, let alone keep hidden. Instead, we’re head over heels in love with a little healthy clutter via artfully displayed servingware, potted plants, and knickknacks on open shelving. The trend is still going strong all over Instagram and is one of the best ways to organize your life and keep every room in your home looking just right. Scroll on for the best open shelving inspo from these Insta style makers.
1. Clean Lines: Less is more in this simple yet elegant kitchen.
2. A Pretty Coffee Bar: This cozy breakfast nook has a retro-chic vibe that we can’t get enough of.
3. Open Kitchen: High-rise floating shelves keep this kitchen feeling light and airy.
4. White Marble: The icy white-on-white look of this wall sliver reads as incredibly stylish.
5. Boho Kitchen: Light wood shelves offset the bohemian vibe of this kitchen’s oriental rug, artisanal straw bowls, and trendy mint tiles.
6. White and Copper: This modern-retro kitchen is only made cooler by the addition of pretty copper accents.
7. Office Space: And no, open shelving isn’t just reserved for the kitchen. Lean into inspiration by using shelves to create a workspace full of vibrant images and accents.
8. Hand-Crafted Kitchen: Display craftsmanship and create a hip feel in your kitchen with reclaimed wood shelves and pressed wood serving boards.
9. Black and Brushed Gold: Black cabinets feel unexpectedly light in this modern-glam kitchen. The ash wood shelving and brushed gold accents are just the icing on the cake.
10. Color Pop: Royal blue subway tiles lay a vibrant foundation for a playful space above the sink.
11. A Baker’s Dream: Lead with your passion for mixing and blending spices by displaying them on wooden shelves at the heart of your kitchen.
12. Highlight Your Focal Point: White-on-white shelving, dishware, and accents set up this retro stainless steel and mint range for greatness.
13. Refreshingly Minimalistic: Mindful placement of your favorite plants and frames allows a small room to breathe while still feeling homey.
14. Shelve Your Green Thumb: Pepper your kitchen with greenery from cacti to herbs with the help of rustic shelves.
15. Polka Dots and Lines: Light wood shelves play off the fun polka dot pattern in this anything-but-boring kitchen.
Share your most stylish open shelf finds with us on Pinterest at BritandCo!