15 Organic Pregnancy Essentials
Dealing with pregnancy and prepping for a newborn can be an overwhelming process. Prettying up the nursery, brainstorming a clever way to make the big announcement and picking out a crib might be at the top of your to-do list, but it’s time to put that paper away and pamper yourself. Your little bundle of joy will be here soon enough, demanding all of your attention, so claim a little me-time while you can. Enjoy this journey while keeping things safe and natural for baby with these 15 organic essentials that are oh-so luxurious.
1. Organic Belly Balm from The Honest Co ($16): There are some secrets everyone wants in on. For pregnant moms, stretch-mark prevention is at the top of the list. This moisturizing rub keeps growing bellies from itching and strengthens connective tissues to prevent stretch marks.
2. Organic Cotton Maternity and Nursing Tank ($55): This comfy cotton tank will be a staple you’ll love having in your pregnancy wardrobe — and long after.
3. Coyuchi Cozy Organic Cotton Throw ($235): Everyone knows that preggo ladies are prone to impromptu napping. Encourage more of those snoozefests by keeping a cozy blanket on hand at all times. Here’s a cheaper version if you’re serious about stocking up!
4. One Love Organics Brand New Day Microderma Scrub & Masque ($12): You expected pregnancy to change your body… but your complexion? Sometimes all those hormones call for a change in your skincare regimen. Keep your skin in tip-top shape with a fresh scrub/masque that exfoliates gently with fresh pineapple enzymes and sweet pea flour.
5. Butter London Nail Lacquer ($15): Celebrate being a mom-to-be. Congratulate yourself on the new status by prettying up those nails (formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, phthalate and paraben-freely, of course).
6. Sticky Beyond Words Exersock ($15): Pregnancy’s no excuse not to stay active. These bright exersocks sport some super-grip to keep you from slipping.
7. Organic Cotton Sheet Set ($98): Sleep. Something you won’t be getting much of in a few short weeks. Invest in some soothing sheets now and you’ll appreciate them later, too.
8. Soap Revolt Organic Body Brick Lotion ($10): At a time when a few extra minutes of sleep are critical each morning, you’ll fine-tune your beauty routine down to the bare essentials. Here’s something to save you even more time: May we introduce lotion in a brick. This is the best new gizmo for pregnant moms that we’ve heard of since Cricket.
9. BottlesUp Glass Water Bottles ($72): It’s hard enough to stay hydrated, but now you’re juggling doctor visits, morning nausea and a host of new to-do’s. Make it easy for yourself by toting water in these uber-cool non-toxic, eco-friendly, reusable glass bottles.
10. Lightweight Organic Robe ($89): Trust us, some of your baby preparation is simply best done from the comfort of your own home in your favorite cozy robe. FYI, being preggo totally earns you the right to wear it anywhere, anytime.
11. Veggie Sleeping Bean With Washable Cover ($79): Sleeping comfortably while pregnant is an impossibility… unless you’re lucky enough to own this extra-long body pillow. Your wish list just got bigger.
12. EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm ($4): Celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Miley Cyrus both claim that EOS is the best way to keep a pretty pout. The brand packs its lip balms with antioxidant vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil and nourishes without using harsh parabens, pthalates or petroleum.
13. Organic Tie-Dye Infinity Scarf ($30): A pretty scarf is the best way to perk up any I’ve-been-wearing-this-for-nine-months outfit. It’s impossible to feel frumpy when you’re wrapped with this many colors.
14. Pacific Face Mist ($40): How about a facial mist that promotes moist, dewy and plumper skin? You’ll be extra-radiant!
15. Organic Bellaband ($30): Bellabands are the most pregnancy-perfect product ever created. When your belly pops out just enough to keep you from buttoning your bottoms, the Bellaband works to hold everything up and give you that instant put-together look. Yep, sold.
What are your go-to organic pregnancy essentials? Share your must-haves in the comments!