Oh, Baby! A Dozen Creative Ways to Announce Your Pregnancy
A new baby is big news. Naturally, your first reaction is to to tell the world. Deciding just how to spread the news is the tricky part. It’s not something you want to blurt out during your next family dinner or announce via text message. Since your new parent brain is suddenly overloaded with important decisions — baby naming, nursery decorating and such — we’ll help you out with a few clever ideas. The possibilities are totally endless — and sometimes downright embarrassing — but here are some couples who got pretty darn creative with their big announcement.
1. Confetti Announcement: Starting off with a straightforward method — snap a photo of you and your partner in celebration mode and add a “pregnant” caption to confirm the reason for all the excitement. No one will mistake the meaning of this message. (via Gramfeed)
2. We’re Prego: We couldn’t help but smile when we saw this clever visual announcement. At first glance, it looks like a couple out on an ordinary dinner date … but wait… they’re prego! Take a close look. The little details make this clever announcement extra fun. (via Appolinas)
3. Guess Who’s Pregnant?: What’s up? (Or down, rather?) Post this subtle photo on social media and your friends won’t be guessing for too long. Simply make a chic little sign that features the baby’s due date and add a vertical arrow to confirm everyone’s hopes. This photo is sure to spark excitement. (via Scottsdale Moms Blog)
4. More Laundry Expected: It’s official! Early morning feedings and extra loads of laundry are on their way. You’re gonna appreciate all the help you can get — spread the word! (via Bonnie Hectorne Photography)
8. Say it with a Sign: Looks like there’s a bump in the road for this couple. Preserve memories of your newest milestone with a stunning photo that can also double as a pregnancy announcement. (via Done Brilliantly)
10. Bunny in the Oven: There’s no question that being pregnant poses a host of challenges, but coming up with a creative announcement shouldn’t be one of them. This bunny’s got ya covered. (via Brit Morin)
11. Show Off Your Bump: Everyone’s going to be asking for pics of your baby bump, so you might as well start collecting the photographs now. Add to this collage week by week to keep friends and family updated. (via Diary of a Fit Mommy)
12. Balloon Reveal: Cue the rejoicing and baby-name speculating: our Brit Morin is expecting a wee one of her own! If anyone knows how to pull off a fun ‘n’ colorful statement, it’s Brit ;) (via Brit Morin)
What’s your baby announcement story? We’d love to hear how you broke the big news (or how you plan to!).