Our Favorite Metabolism-Boosting Cardio Workouts
Cardio is key for increasing your metabolism and protecting your heart. Cardio also boosts your feel-good endorphins and ups your energy levels, giving you happy vibes all day!
We aim to get in some form of cardio at least four times a week. Running or walking is our go-to, but we also like to switch it up, especially as we hit the road for the Tone It Up Tour! (If you haven’t heard… we’re going to be in 15 cities in 30 days for the ultimate fitness festival — we’re talking THREE total body workouts, live music, games, beauty stations, and top brands! Join us HERE!)
While we’re on the road, we’re going to be doing all types of cardio to keep us feeling our absolute best. These are our favorite options for fun, metabolism-revving cardio!
1. Cycling: Go for a spin! Cycling gets your heart rate up and sculpts your lower body and abs. We have a 30-minute spin workout (and a playlist to pair with it) HERE. We’ll be doing this routine in our hotel gyms!
To perfect your cycling form, remember to keep your shoulders down and upper body relaxed with a loose grip on the handle bars. Keep your booty back with your weight in your glutes and your core tight.
2. Swimming: Swimming is perfect for total body toning and low impact cardio. Water is about 800 times denser than air, so swimming puts your muscles under constant resistance while being a lot easier on your joints than running. Studies also show that swimming boosts your brain power and keeps your body young. Plus, for us, it’s a form of mediation and a way to clear our minds.
Ready to dive in? Try our swim workout and check out tips for beginners HERE!
3. High-Intensity Interval Training: HIIT is one of our favorite forms of exercise and you can do it ANYWHERE! It combines short bursts of high-intensity cardio moves with total body toning. This boosts your metabolism and helps your body burn calories long after your workout is finished!
Check out our Sandy Sweat HIIT routine HERE!
4. Stairs: Step up your cardio! Stair workouts tone your beautiful booty and legs while raising your heart rate.
You can try THIS Stairmill workout at the gym or hit the stairs in your office building or local park or stadium — or the hotel stairwell for us :)
5. Jumping Rope: Jumping rope not only scorches calories and tones from head to toe, but it also makes you feel super strong and empowered. The best part: Your jumprope is portable, so you can take it with you when you travel and tone anytime, anywhere. We’ll, of course, be packing ours!
Jump in with our routine HERE.
Workouts are even more fun with your girlfriends by your side — join us for the Tone It Up Tour! We’ll be visiting 15 cities in 30 days for the fitness festival experience of a lifetime, including workouts with us, Jillian Michaels, and CorePower Yoga, braid bars, music, rosé, and so many surprises. It’s the perfect opportunity to make new girlfriends and connect with women in your area. Reserve your spot HERE!
(Photos via Tone It Up)