Get Hitched Like a VIP in These Over-the-Top Wedding Resorts
You already know that the realwedding planning doesn’t start until you’ve chosen your venue. After all, the location determines your overall vibe, whether you’re going for beachy-boho, modern-chic or barnyard-rustic. If you and your sweetie are ready to go above and beyond to make sure your day is *extra* special, you won’t want to pass up this list. The wedding venues below are some of the most gorgeous and absolutely breathtaking spots around the world and can totally work for whatever wedding theme you’re going for (Game of Thrones wedding, anyone?). Think: dreamy castles, lush gardens or over-the-water bungalows. Scroll on to see the picks below and get ready to get hitched like the real VIP you two lovebirds are, or at least dream about it.
1. The Breakers Palm Beach — Palm Beach, Florida: This celebrity-favorite resort will give your big day that chic Palm Beach lifestyle. Thanks to its 540 renovated guest rooms with ocean-inspired decor, you’ll get an ultra-modern and dynamic beachfront vibe. Plus, your guests will get automatic take-home totes if they stay at the hotel. So cool!
2. One&Only Reethi Rah — Maldives: How about getting married over the water? If this sounds like something you and your love have been dreaming of for your wedding, then this dreamy location is just what you need. Think: lots of flowery signature cocktails, perfect sunsets and ultimate relaxation. It’s seriously a breathtaking venue.
3. Chateau de Vaux-Le-Vicomte — Maincy, France: Yes, this is a real place, and yes, you can actually get married here, if your heart desires. If you’re dreaming of the ultimate destination wedding, the Chateau de Vaux-Le-Vicomte should be at the top of your list. You and your new spouse will feel like total royalty with all of your loved ones.
4. Fearrington House Inn — Pittsboro, North Carolina: This southern spot will catch your eye with its picturesque village, unique design and character. Plus, you get so many options for your nuptials! You get to choose from having an intimate reception at their 5-Star, 5-Diamond restaurant, a low-key party celebration in their garden or a true Southern experience in their renovated barn.
5. HarbourView Inn — Charleston, South Carolina: As Charleston’s only waterfront hotel in the Historic District, this charming venue will give you total B&B feels with the features of a luxurious boutique hotel. And its private rooftop? #Swoon. It has the prettiest view of the harbor and a Pineapple Fountain where you and your guests can celebrate your wedding all day long.
6. Belmond Hotel Caruso — Ravello, Italy: Whether you’re dreaming up your Amalfi Coast wedding or an Italian honeymoon, you’ll want to make those dreams a reality at this spot. Take your vows in the enchanting Duomo of Ravello, entertain your guests in an intimate garden or treat them like kings and queens with exclusive use of the hotel through the resort’s Ultimate Take-Over offer. You’ll love every bit of it.
7. Hotel Bel-Air — Los Angeles, California: Take your wedding back to Hollywood’s glamorous golden age with Hotel Bel-Air. This fresh-faced hotel perfectly captures that old Hollywood style with a simple, clean look and pops of color and polished marble everywhere. Plus, you and your bridesmaids will LOVE getting ready at its newest spa with its seven rooms, a mosaic steam room and top-notch service.
15. Waldorf Astoria Orlando and Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek — Orlando, Florida: This dual-hotel complex is surrounded by the happiest place on earth, but that’s not the only reason you’ll fall in love with this over-the-top venue. You two lovebirds will swoon over every detail of your nuptials that will be all about your personal style, whether it’s a grand gala celebration or an intimate gathering. Cue your ultra-tropical celebration.
9. Hôtel Metropole Monte-Carlo — Monaco: Located in the Golden Square of the Principality of Monaco, this gorgeous hotel has stunning views from suites and public areas. However, the best part about this venue is that you can actually get married under water. And yes, your guests are welcome to come underwater with you. How cool is that?
10. Four Seasons Resort and Residences — Jackson Hole, Wyoming: If a laid-back Western style mixed with big-city attention is more your scene, then celebrate your big day in Jackson Hole. Besides ski-in/ski-out access to the area’s famous trails, the resort will make sure you and your guests are set for the entire weekend while you and your sweetie say “I do.”
11. Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort — Cancun, Mexico: Dreaming of an all-inclusive wedding where you can actually relax? This one-of-a-kind luxury resort will give you and your guests upscale amenities, chic designs and plenty of VIP offerings in Cancun. It’s only 10 miles from the airport, so your guests don’t have to stress over getting to your destination nuptials.
12. The Peninsula Hotel New York, New York City: Nothing screams romance like Manhattan (carriage rides in Central Park, anyone?). Between its Beaux-Arts design and prime location — just off Fifth Avenue — this classic NYC hotel will make sure you have the contemporary chic wedding of your dreams.
13. Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa — Lake Buena Vista, Florida: With a short walk to Walt Disney World, this magical resort is oh-so-perfect for the kids-at-heart couple. And if you’re planning that post-wedding Sunday brunch, head over to the vibrant LetterPress, where you and your guests can dine with your favorite Disney characters, mimosas in hand.
14. The Phoenician — Scottsdale, Arizona: Eat, drink and get happily married at the most enchanting wedding venue in Arizona. Located at the base of Camelback Mountain, this hyper-luxurious resort will be the perfect spot for your outdoorsy nuptials. You’ll get lush floral gardens, majestic mountain views and an ultra-romantic candlelit ceremony in its stylish salon.
15. The Inn at Dos Brisas — Washington, Texas: Marry your love for Texas with the joy of wedding day bliss at this intimate upscale country resort. This luxury ranch getaway comes with an impressive roundup of unique features that you and your guests can fully enjoy, like its masterful cuisine served in the five-star restaurant and its indoor riding arena for your inner-cowboy.
Did you see a location on our list that caught your eye? Follow us on Pinterest for more wedding inspo.