8 Pimple Treatments to Get Clear Skin by Morning
We’ve all been there: You start the day with skin worthy of a #nofilter closeup, but by night, that clear complexion suddenly sports a red, flashy pimple. Before it becomes a zit of epic proportions (and prevents any selfies for days), you’re going to want to clear it stat. Go ahead, give the onion hack a try. Or better yet, take a look at one of these fresh-on-the-skincare-scene treatments. Some are on-the-spot, others are preventative, but all will make your pimples shrink in misery and bring back that gorgeous clear skin again in 24 hours. Scroll down to see the latest zit-zapping products:
1. Kiehl’s Dermatologist Solutions Breakout Control Targeted Acne Spot Treatment ($28): Still using that same type of oil-busting acne treatment you used when you were 14? Time for an upgrade. This brand new zit-zapper specifically targets adult acne (generally caused by hormones and inflammation, not over-active oil glands). One drop of this powerhouse combo of sulfur and niacinamide won’t dry out skin, and has been proven to reduce the size, height and redness of a breakout in as little as a day.
2. Tanda Zap Acne Spot Treatment Device ($40): If you’ve been to your dermatologist, then you know that those light-zapping devices she uses can treat acne immediately. This tool brings that technology into your own home (and at less than the cost of the doc appointment). Though not as strong as a doctor’s light, the clinically proven device employs a similar blue light technology that also heats up and vibrates to fade a pimple and kill bacteria — so skin looks clear after 24 hours.
3. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Correct & Cover Pink Grapefruit Moisturizer ($9): When your whole face feels like it’s about to break out, it’s time to call in the big guns. Similar to a BB cream, this oil-free moisturizer goes on sheer, covering and blurring acne marks while pimple-fighting ingredients like salicylic-acid get to work to prevent a full-on eruption. And did we mention it smells like grapefruit? Done.
4. Clean & Clear Deep Action 60 Second Shower Mask ($5): Short on time? Multi-task with this exfoliating mask which works in your morning shower. The steam opens up pores, so that the glycolic acid can penetrate and clear up congestion, stopping potential pimples in their tracks.
5. Alba Botanica Fast Fix Papaya Anti-Acne Sheet Masks ($3): When your face is feeling extra greasy and grimy, give one of these sheet masks a whirl. The serum-soaked fiber mask delivers a mix of botanical ingredients like papaya (a natural exfoliator), lemon balm and salicylic acid to clear out pores and soothe stressed, acne-prone skin.
6. Peter Thomas Roth Acne Spot and Area Treatment ($19): For those annoying chin and t-zone eruptions, this extra-strength treatment busts up breakouts with a three-pronged attack system. Colloidal sulfur sops up existing oil and pimples, while glycolic acid gently exfoliates and aloe vera soothes away any irritation and redness.
7. Estee Lauder Clear Difference Advanced Blemish Serum ($85): When you’ve got blackheads, only an all-over treatment will do. This serum, powered by salicylic acid, goes on invisibly and soaks in quickly, absorbing oil all day. You can also use it under makeup. Testers who tried it reported healthy-looking, clearer skin immediately.
8. Sunday Riley U.F.O Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil ($80): An oil to sop up grease? You betcha, as long as it’s a dry oil. This one boasts a mix of salicylic acid, tea tree and black cumin seed oils to clear up clogged pores. Milk thistle and chamomile extracts counteract overdrying and keep skin looking healthy.
Follow us on Pinterest for more skincare product inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.