18 Party-Planning Instagrams to Follow for a Good Time
We strongly believe that there’s always something to celebrate… and not just birthdays and national holidays. Why not throw a dinner party because you found a great new Mai Tai recipe that deserves an audience? Or have a dance party for your new favorite song? For a bit of celebration inspiration, we’ve uncovered the 18 best party people on Instagram who make a living throwing killer shindigs. So bust out the confetti, ’cause you’re going to need it.
1. @confettisystem: This team really brings the party. Nicholas Andersen and Julie Ho made a company out of their craft-making and celebration skills. From Hawaiian weddings to all-out dance parties, their style knows no bounds.
2. @littlemissparty: These moms don’t just do decorations. They make sure to have beautiful, delicious eats for their guests, too. Just look at this watermelon feta salad adorned with a ribbon fork. Yes, please! Their blog, Little Miss Party has great inspiration from their lives as partying foodie moms.
3. @geronimoballoons: Jihan Zencirli, founder of Geronimo Balloons, has a life filled with helium, paper tassels and all things shiny. Scrolling through her Instagram feed to catch glimpses of her lovely Geronimo Balloon Troopers and her creative portrait project ART/MO. We’re pretty sure everyday is a party for her.
4. @studiodiy: Kelly Lanza’s feed will make you want to party every single day. Her do-it-yourself party blog Studio DIY is how-to central for you to learn everything you need to know for a really memorable shindig.
5. @hankandhunt: This feed is your party resource guide. We love that the blog Hank + Hunt is run by a mother of two little boys, so not all of the party inspiration is pink and flowery. Take these bunny candle holders, for example. They’re appropriate for both boys and girls (even of the grown-up persuasion).
6. @heygorgevents: Not only does Rhiannon Nicole Bosse design parties, she also designs floral arrangements. You can bet that her wedding celebrations for Hey Gorgeous Events are perfectly romantic and floral.
7. @out_inthefield: Outstanding in the Field is the kind of dinner party that needs no special occasion, except maybe nice weather. It started 15 years ago as a way to celebrate local food and community, all at giant tables in beautiful outdoor locations. More than 600 meals later, you can find these dreamy dining tables from the farm to the beach.
8. @caravents: We’re pulling out the big guns. This event production company has designed events for Elle, HBO and many other big names. Their parties can be cute and quaint or insanely over the top. Follow their feed for a taste of both worlds.
9. @pnpflowers: Isn’t that hand lettering to die for? In addition to party styling, Jessica Kirkland of Pen + Paper Flowers is a graphic designer, so her parties have an extra touch of typography love.
10. @kinfolk: The peeps over at Kinfolk are truly jacks of all trades. Their print magazine is chalk full of swoon-worthy photography and recipes, and their events are carefully crafted dinners and workshops with artisan class that is perfectly on point. This is definitely a follow you won’t regret.
11. @eventwire: EventWire is a source for finding vendors for your own party. That means when it comes to stellar soirées, they’ve seen the best of the best and they’re sharing it all on their IG. Follow for instant inspiration.
12. @hwtm: Whether you’re an entertaining pro or a rookie, Hostess With the Mostess does not disappoint. Before becoming a party queen, Jenn Sbranti was primarily a graphic designer by trade, so trust us when we say she has an eye for colors and adorable signage.
13. @ohhappyday: When it comes to throwing the perfect party, Jordan Ferney can DIY her way right to the top. Whether it’s crafting a prime piñata or creating the ideal cake topper, it seems she can do anything with the right amount of colorful paper and candy.
14. @camillestyles: One look at her blog and you’ll want to make everyday a party. She’s got food your guests will devour, tablescapes they’ll swoon over and tasty cocktails that are sure to keep the party going. The only problem will be getting you guests to leave…
15. @weddingpr: Forget everything you know about tablescaping. Seriously, all of it. Leila Lewis is schooling us with each event pic she shares. We can’t get enough of the vintage glassware, tasteful flower arrangements and the overall pristine attention to detail.
16. @tomkatstudio: Your party supply wishes have been granted! Kim Stoegbauer knows what you need to style the ideal party, and she sells it all at TomKat Studio! Follow for modern style that is perfect for any occasion.
17. @karaspartyideas: Kara’s Party Ideas blows us a way with one stellar theme after the next. If you can dream it, she’s probably themed it. Great Gatsby party? Got it. Minecraft party? Check! Mad Men Party? Duh. From the looks of it, she knows every theme in the book.
18. @celebrationsathome: Chris Nease has 15 years of party styling experience and it really shows. Every detail is worked out, from the design of the dessert table to DIY serving utensils. Follow her lead and your party will be a smash hit!
Who’s your favorite party planner to follow? Let us know below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)