Style blogs are one of our favorite places to discover what’s trending in fashion and get inspired to put together awesome outfits of our own. When we stumbled upon this post on the fashion blog Happily Grey, we instantly fell in love with the way blogger Mary Seng mixed and matched perforated accessories. The precise cutouts in her black tote and nude suede booties effortlessly dress up her oversized layers. Who knew having holes in your clothes could be so chic?
We took a cue from Happily Grey and rounded up our 15 favorite cutout accessories – from bags, to shoes, to jewelry and more – each inspired by Mary’s insanely cool outfit. So now it’s your turn to strike a stylish balance by pairing up these seriously chic perforated pieces. (Props to Lulu & Co’s t-shirt that inspired the puntastic title of this post.)
1. French Connection Raw Cut Perforated Leather Tote ($88): Rock the same oversized bag that Mary totes with her in a vibrant tangerine hue. It’s a perfect bag for working professionals: classic, stylish, and large enough to fit most laptops.
2. Color Block Perforated Leather Mini Bag ($110): We just can’t get over the color block trend, so we had to steer you toward this small shoulder bag. The mix of a neutral color with a light pastel makes this bag a wardrobe staple for nearly any season.
3. Victory Shoulder Bag (waitlist): Thin perforated belts embellish this slouchy bag, giving it an edgy, punk rock look. Long leather zipper tassels and burnished studs tie it all together.
4. Weekend Love Backpack ($68): You don’t have to be a student to rock this perforated backpack. Its sporty vibe is elevated with gold hardware, so keep this piece away from the gym.
5. Leather Shoulder Perforated Bag ($47): Diamond cutouts give divine flair to this leather clutch. A hidden strap turns this light blue beauty into an over-the-shoulder sling great for any night out.
6. Maresella Perforated Suede Platforms ($150): How fierce are these perforated pumps? Wear these heels with high-waisted shorts to unleash your inner rock star or keep it work appropriate with white pleated trousers and a men’s-cut blazer.
7. Dazze Booties ($250): We’re calling this pair of grey booties a wardrobe essential. The exaggerated perforation elevates these ankle boots to statement-making status.
8. Talia Wedge Sandals ($30): Take advantage of the last months of summer by slipping on these cheery sandals. We love the thick, laser-cut strap and floral detail.
9. June Pointed Ballet Flats ($39): A charming scalloped edge gives extra character to these dainty flats. Play up their ladylike feel with a floral circle skirt and collared tank.
10. Weaving Tennis Shoes ($40): Perforated tennis shoes get a street style makeover with these hole-punched kicks. Try going sockless with this sporty pair – feeling the breeze on your feet is a blast!
11. Mia Wrap Ring ($60): We love the wistfulness of this ring combined with graphic geometric lines and patterns.
12. Vintage Lace Lasercut Ring ($345): You’ll never guess how this amazing ring is made. Vintage lace is dipped in rose gold to make this serious stunner.
13. Mia Plate Necklace ($106): While many bib necklaces look big and bulky, the perforation on this necklace makes this piece feel light and airy. Dress up a plunging scoop neck with this delicate design.
14. La Mer Perforated Wrap Watch ($100): This sporty band looks super chic paired with this classic-shaped watch face. Its soft leather strap makes wrapping your wrist enjoyable and oh so easy.
15. Avery Waist Belt ($90): We love this belt’s playful take on perforation – belt holes are punched from front to back to make an elegant, functional, and awesomely clever pattern.
Have any you want to add to the list? Send us a link!