10 Photo Editing Apps to DL Before Summer Is Over
Whether you’re chillin’ with your squad at an awesome outdoor movie night or hosting your very own crazy colorful pool party, taking pictures with your friends is a great way to remember all your awesome summer memories for years to come (and actually has scientific benefits too). But before you post your pics online, try checking out one of these fun photo editing apps. Whether you’re looking for professional-level tools or just a really good filter, these 10 apps are sure to take your summer pics to the next level.
1. Fotor: With an enhanced camera, a collage tool that rivals Instagram’s Layout and tons of specific editing features (we LOVE the focus option), this all-in-one editing app is perfect for anyone who doesn’t want an entire folder worth of picture apps taking up space on their phone (AKA everyone, right?).
2. Mirrorly: If you’re looking for something a little more artsy to run your summer pics through, check out this ultra-cool app. Because the app focuses on one specific editing feature (creating a mirror effect), the editor is able to have an incredible level of control, as opposed to other applications where the effect is only a simple toggle function. You’re welcome in advance.
3. MuseCam: Combining the ability to shoot high-quality images directly within the app and add amazing film-emulating presets and professional grade tools, this handy app is a great option for any photography newbie. Plus, their monthly collection of favorites will definitely give you all the inspiration you need to keep snapping those pics.
4. Polarr: If you’re looking for a photo editing app with professional-level features, look no further. With color masking, brushing tools, customizable toolbars and the ability to make AND share your own filters, it’s great for photography junkies (and anyone’s who’s looking to hone in on their personal Insta mood).
5. PicsArt Photo: With hundreds of photo editing tools, customizable filters, a collage function and text and sticker overlays, you might just need a full hour to pick the best filter/sticker combo for your vacay pics. Good thing editing is half the fun!
6. BeSafe: There are a lot of reasons why we need to pixelate our images — from blocking unknown people in the background of a pic for legal reasons to pixelating our friends’ faces on Tinder in case they don’t really want to be seen on the app. Luckily, you can pixelate your pics in seconds with this handy paintbrush-like feature.
7. B612: Summertime selfies are a must (bonus points if you have a flower crown or DIY sunhat on). But instead of spending hours finding the right combo of settings in a complicated app, this selfie tool combines tons of different options with the random filter tool — making finding your perfect angle/filter combo as simple as swiping right.
8. Foodie: Our newsfeeds would definitely be lacking without a few gorgeous pics of summer grub. On this handy app, our delicious snacks take center stage with strategically themed foodie filters, tools and enhancement options.
9. Poto: If you’re looking for something a little more fun — think Snapchat filters and cute stickers — this app is a must-download. Featuring dozens of frames, backgrounds, fonts and stickers, you’re sure to find just the right thing to capture all of those summertime feels.
10. Photobmb: From getting smooched by celebrities to donning an awesome pair of virtual sunglasses, this awesome sticker app is totally on trend. With geofilters, celebrity pics and Internet memes aplenty, you’re sure to have a lot of fun with this one.
What’s your go-to photo editing app? Let us know on Twitter by mentioning @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)