Whether you’re chillin’ with your squad at an awesome outdoor movie night or hosting your very own crazy colorful pool party, taking pictures with your friends is a great way to remember all your awesome summer memories for years to come (and actually has scientific benefits too). But before you post your pics online, try checking out one of these fun photo editing apps. Whether you’re looking for professional-level tools or just a really good filter, these 10 apps are sure to take your summer pics to the next level.
1. Fotor: With an enhanced camera, a collage tool that rivals Instagram’s Layout and tons of specific editing features (we LOVE the focus option), this all-in-one editing app is perfect for anyone who doesn’t want an entire folder worth of picture apps taking up space on their phone (AKA everyone, right?).
2. Mirrorly: If you’re looking for something a little more artsy to run your summer pics through, check out this ultra-cool app. Because the app focuses on one specific editing feature (creating a mirror effect), the editor is able to have an incredible level of control, as opposed to other applications where the effect is only a simple toggle function. You’re welcome in advance.
DL It: Free on iOS
3. MuseCam: Combining the ability to shoot high-quality images directly within the app and add amazing film-emulating presets and professional grade tools, this handy app is a great option for any photography newbie. Plus, their monthly collection of favorites will definitely give you all the inspiration you need to keep snapping those pics.
DL It: Free on iOS
4. Polarr: If you’re looking for a photo editing app with professional-level features, look no further. With color masking, brushing tools, customizable toolbars and the ability to make AND share your own filters, it’s great for photography junkies (and anyone’s who’s looking to hone in on their personal Insta mood).
5. PicsArt Photo: With hundreds of photo editing tools, customizable filters, a collage function and text and sticker overlays, you might just need a full hour to pick the best filter/sticker combo for your vacay pics. Good thing editing is half the fun!
6. BeSafe: There are a lot of reasons why we need to pixelate our images — from blocking unknown people in the background of a pic for legal reasons to pixelating our friends’ faces on Tinder in case they don’t really want to be seen on the app. Luckily, you can pixelate your pics in seconds with this handy paintbrush-like feature.
DL It: Free on iOS
7. B612: Summertime selfies are a must (bonus points if you have a flower crown or DIY sunhat on). But instead of spending hours finding the right combo of settings in a complicated app, this selfie tool combines tons of different options with the random filter tool — making finding your perfect angle/filter combo as simple as swiping right.
8. Foodie: Our newsfeeds would definitely be lacking without a few gorgeous pics of summer grub. On this handy app, our delicious snacks take center stage with strategically themed foodie filters, tools and enhancement options.
9. Poto: If you’re looking for something a little more fun — think Snapchat filters and cute stickers — this app is a must-download. Featuring dozens of frames, backgrounds, fonts and stickers, you’re sure to find just the right thing to capture all of those summertime feels.
10. Photobmb: From getting smooched by celebrities to donning an awesome pair of virtual sunglasses, this awesome sticker app is totally on trend. With geofilters, celebrity pics and Internet memes aplenty, you’re sure to have a lot of fun with this one.
What’s your go-to photo editing app? Let us know on Twitter by mentioning @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Getty)