The pineapple, long recognized as a sign of welcome and hospitality, is showing no signs of slowing down when it comes to trendy home decor. Even Christmas isn’t safe from the jaunty tropical fruit. From standing in as a Douglas fir to being the ideal tree topper, pineapples bring a refreshing splash of joy to the season (if you don’t believe us, check out the trending fruit on Pinterest). Ready to get in on the action? Scroll down for pineapple-inspired holiday decor ideas you can make or buy (Piña Coladas optional) well before Christmas day.
1. Pineapple Christmas Tree: Brighten up a dark spot in your kitchen by decorating the sturdy fruit with little ornaments and LED wire lights. When the holidays are said and done, make a smoothie out of it! (via Brit + Co)
2. Pinecone Pineapple Ornaments: No pinecone will be left behind when a craft like this results in something so stinking cute. Just a little paint, craft paper, and string make for the most adorable tropical tree ornaments. (via Brit + Co)
3. Itty Bitty Walnut Pineapples: Thankfully, you can paint the shell of a walnut without affecting the nut inside, so why not make a mound of mini “pineapples” in your nut bowl? We’re totally going to do the same. (via Studio DIY)
4. Shop Rare Bird Metal Pineapple Christmas Ornament ($10): Sometimes keeping it simple is your best bet. This laser-cut brass ornament has enough shine to add a glimmer of the trend without going overboard.
5. Lula Flora Mini Piñata Pineapple Ornaments ($20): Always answer “yes” when you ask yourself, “Should I buy more pineapple fruit piñatas for Christmas?” And it’s not a bad idea to stock up for the rest of the year while you’re at it.
6. DIY Pineapple Christmas Stocking: Make festive, fruit-inspired stockings for your own home or turn them into clever gift bags. They’re roomy enough for lots of little trinkets, or even better, a bottle of pineapple schnapps. (via My Poppet)
7. Hot Tomato Ink 2 Foiled Pineapple Banner ($12): How do you make a big impact on your seasonal decor with little-to-no effort? With strings of gold-foiled pineapple garland wrapped around your tree, of course.
8. Anthropologie Glass Pineapple Tree Topper ($48): Designed after the hardy-skinned fruit, this gold, delicate glass tree topper is a Christmas showstopper.
9. Faux Pineapple Christmas Tree: Embrace the pineapple trend 100 percent with a yellow tree dressed to the nines, complete with a leafy topper. It guarantees that no one will forget this year’s tree. (via Treetopia)
10. Indigo Glass Pineapple Ornament ($15): If you’re looking to add a touch of the fruit to your decor, these gold ornaments are just what tropical Santa ordered. Pick one up for yourself and one for your BFF to commemorate the year you both pined for pineapples.
Still looking for more holiday inspo? Follow us on Pinterest to catch the latest styles and more.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.