15 Creative Ways to Cook With Plums
These 15 fresh plum recipes are perfect for transforming your summer bounty into something just a little more sweet. Looking for a more personal-sized treat? Definitely take a gander at our recipe for whole fruit hand pies — plums, brown sugar, pie crust, a brush of egg wash and, boom, you’re done. When you’ve gobbled all of those up, move onto these 15 plum delicious recipes.
4. Roasted Plums and Oatmeal: Roasting brings out all of the plum’s natural sweetness. Of course, a couple tablespoons of honey help, too. Consider this the new ideal topping for your morning bowl of oatmeal. (via Fancy Food Fancy)
8. Honey, Thyme and Plum Crostata: Want a tart but don’t have the proper pan? Enter, the crostata. Plums cook down into a gorgeous, jammy topping for this rustic yet elegant pastry. (via Delicious Everyday)
9. Plum Sandwiches With Prosciutto, Provolone, Arugula and Sage: Salty prosciutto and sweet plums are balanced by a handful of arugula in these picnic-perfect sandwiches. (via Home Skillet)
10. Roobios Smoked Pork Tacos with Plum Grapefruit Salsa: Who knew smoking meats at home sans special equipment was so easy? These tacos are a delightful fusion of Asian and Mexican flavors. (via Adventures in Cooking)
13. Plum and Mascarpone Flatbread With Caramelized Balsamic Glaze: We love that plums can be taken in a more savory direction with ease. This flatbread is a terrific example. (via Sweetsonian)
14. Vegan, Paleo-Friendly Maple Roasted Plums With Coconut Tapioca Pudding: Star anise and vanilla bean seeds lend fantastic flavor to the plum topping for these homemade coconut custards. (via Gourmande in the Kitchen)
15. Gluten-Free Greengage Plum Vanilla Bean Bostock: Bostock is an ingenious way to use up day-old brioche. Topped with homemade greengage plum jam (or your favorite flavor) and a crisp-chewy almond topping — it’s like having a patisserie in your own kitchen. (via A Sage Amalgam)
What stone fruit is your fave come summertime? Let’s chat about all things warm weather in the comments!