9 Rattan Wedding Decorations to Consider for Your Big Day
Get ready for the ultimate comeback, ladies! Rattan details are popping up all over our favorite Pinterest boards and channeling a totally natural feel for spring weddings everywhere. And no, it doesn’t feel dated like your grandma’s old wicker bistro set. The laid-back decorations that these naturally sourced materials bring to the table (or aisle) are ideal for indoor and outdoor ceremonies that want a V relaxed vibe. Scroll through for proof that you don’t need to have a beach wedding to rock this trend.
2. Flower Power: You’ve spent a lot of time picking out flowers for your wedding. Display a few in a rattan cabinet, and then use it as the backdrop to your sweetheart table. (via Katie Pritchard / Green Wedding Shoes)
3. Boho Bar Cart: Serve your signature cocktails on a rattan bar cart with woven shelves. Bonus: A cute bar cart like this will fit in with your home decor long after you’ve said, “I do.” (via Cassie Green Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
4. Vintage Rattan: These chairs are perfect for the ultimate power couple. You’ll be running around all day, but be sure to take a minute to sit, breathe, and just bask in the beautiful day that you’ve created. (via Maggpie Vintage Rentals / Free People)
5. Spring Fever: Rattan chairs are totally a front porch type of furniture. Use them for your reception to make people feel like they’re just sitting outside chatting with friends. (via Cathy Durig Photography / Wedding Chicks)
6. Rattan Charger: Even without a paper menu, rattan can give your place settings a sweet backdrop. The woven nature of the material feels organic, which blends beautifully with bright blue hues and overflowing floral centerpieces. (via First Mate Photography Co. / Brides)
9. Relax + Rattan: Giving off a we-can-hang-here-all-day vibe, this rattan seating area is everything. If you’re planning a boho outdoor wedding, make sure all that extra acreage goes to good use. (via Aaron Delesie / Style Me Pretty)
Want more wedding inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)