Your Hot Chocolate Needs a Red Velvet Upgrade
As you know, it’s the most wonderful time of year thanks to the holiday tunes, comfy sweaters, lights galore and sweet treats. So, what better way to welcome winter than with a cup of tasty hot chocolate. To start this season right, we teamed up with Hershey to bring you a fun, new twist to this classic drink with our Red Velvet Hot Chocolate recipe. This is one of the most AMAZING dessert hybrids because it combines two of our favorite things AND you can drink it. We have no doubt that you’ll want to sip on this creamy, chocolate-y and divine treat all winter long.
With all the baking and gift making to do over the holidays, Hershey is always there to serve up that chocolate goodness. Enjoy this tasty cocoa with a loved one near an open fire OR serve it with a fully loaded hot chocolate bar at your next holiday gathering. Read on to get more deets on how to serve up this toasty cup of cocoa.
HERSHEY’S Red Velvet Hot Chocolate With Salted Caramel Marshmallows
Ingredients (Makes 2 cups):
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S Kitchens Sea Salt Caramel Chips
- 1 teaspoon HERSHEY’S Kitchens SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1 cup HERSHEY’S Kitchens Premier White Chips
- 1 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 teaspoons red food color
- 8 drops blue food color
- 12 drops yellow food color
- small marshmallows
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Melt the HERSHEY’S Kitchens Premier White Chips in a saucepan with the milk and half and half.
- Add 1 teaspoon of HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa and whisk over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then, simmer.
- Add food coloring and mix.
- Melt ½ cup of HERSHEY’S Kitchens Sea Salt Caramel Chips with the coconut oil in a microwave for about 30-60 seconds.
- Serve your red velvet hot chocolate in a glass mug and top with a layer of marshmallows. Pour the melted caramel on top. Toast with a friend and enjoy!
First, collect your ingredients. BTW, we LOVE the new HERSHEY’S Kitchens Sea Salt Caramel Chips.
Make the hot chocolate base by melting the HERSHEY’S Kitchens Premier White Chips with the milk and half and half.
Add in the HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa for a little extra flavor. Bring to a boil and then, let simmer.
Next, add the red velvet flair! Mix in the food coloring for a nice, deep red color.
Melt the HERSHEY’S Kitchens Sea Salt Caramel Chips with the coconut oil in the microwave. Heat for 30-60 seconds in 30-second intervals and stir.
Serve your red velvet hot chocolate in a mug of choice (we prefer glass so you can really see the color!). Top with a generous layer of marshmallows and drizzle the melted Sea Salt Caramel on top. It’s ready to serve!
Toast with a friend and enjoy!
Look at that red velvet dream. It’s perfection!
Seriously, we can’t get enough of these Sea Salt Caramel Chips. We want to use them for everything. They’re perfect for the holidays!
What do you drink to stay warm this holiday season? Share your favorite seasonal drink with us by tagging @BritandCo on Instagram.
Video: Alonna Morrison, Katie Booker + Ryan Shelley
Production + Styling: Alonna Morrison + Katie Booker
Photography: Chris Andre