15 Romantic Blouses That Will Transform Your Closet
As a bonafide fashion enthusiast, you’re more than familiar with the merits of a few fine-tuned closet basics. They’re the cornerstone of every fall outfit formula in the book, and let’s be real — they make every season’s street style trends feel real-world ready. That said, your style goes so far beyond the bare minimum. You like your staples with a side of panache — and that’s where the romantic blouse comes in. Ushered in by an obsession with Victorian-era elegance, these billowy blouses (which feature details like ruffle fronts, ladylike lace and bow embellishments) are the key to achieving Instababe status this season. And just your luck, there are 15 dreamy options just waiting to be discovered below.
1. Zara Lace Tunic With Frills ($70): Oh, this old thing? It’s just the most drool-worthy blouse ever. Teamed with gilded chandelier earrings and tailored trousers, it puts a modern-day spin on the whole Victorian-era thing that’s so hot right now. Up the romance factor with siren-red lips and a come-hither cat eye.
2. Free People Lolita Blouse ($108): Ring the alarm — this velvet beauty is straight-up fire. Between the rich raspberry color and ladylike lace details, it exudes old world elegance. Style alongside mom jeans and lace-up flats for an off-duty look that can only be described as #squadgoals.
3. H&M Crinkled Flounced Blouse ($35): In addition to a classic white button-down, you *need* an ethereal blouse that packs panache. This flouncy ruffle-trimmed stunner will have you ready to conquer dinner parties and board meetings in no time. Just toss on jacquard trousers, menswear-inspired steppers and statement studs for a wear-anywhere look.
4. Madewell et Sézane Lace-Back Top ($118): Italian style might have temporarily caught our attention, but there’s no denying the allure of the iconic French femme. Work a little Parisian cool into your off-duty repertoire with this sophisticated and subtly sultry top from Madewell and Sézane. Paired with skinny jeans, embroidered ankle boots and a leather jacket, this peek-a-boo blouse is destined for sartorial greatness.
5. Topshop Boutique Jacquard Tie Blouse ($110): Look to the pretty details in this ladylike blouse to hit refresh on your most blasé basics. Pop this bow-embellished number on the next time your outfit is falling short on the fabulous spectrum to inject your ensemble with instant swagger. Continue to round out your desk-to-drinks look with leather-look trousers, pointed-toe mules and mismatched earrings. Foolproof doesn’t even cover it.
6. Stylenanda High Neck Pretty Frill Sleeve Blouse In Floral ($78): Step aside, basic tees — you’ve had your 15 minutes in the limelight. Graduate your getup to It-girl levels with this playful high-neck blouse. We’d be lying if we said it didn’t have serious on-the-job potential, but it’s just the thing to perk up your weekend wardrobe too. Team it with a suede mini skirt, lace-up ankle boots and classic hoops for an effortless look with free-wheelin’ appeal.
8. Ann Taylor Floral Tie Neck Ruffle Blouse ($90): For those mornings when you have t-minus five minutes to pull together a flawless ensemble (one both you and HR can agree on), we’ve uncovered a frill-tastic top that will do all the work for you. Keep things classy with high-waisted culottes and sculptural booties — who knew on-duty dressing could be this chic?
9. Nasty Gal Lace the Music Bodysuit ($48): Bodysuit, blouse: What’s the difference? The only thing you need to concern yourself with is how to keep this DDG number looking fresh — because it’s about to become a regular in your rotation. Bust out this bad boy on date night with a saucy pencil skirt, strappy pumps and an elegant, tousled updo that shows off those gawwwgeous shoulders. Come the weekend, it makes the perfect partner for dance-floor shenanigans coupled with denim and shimmery block heels.
10. Pixie Market Rust Cold Shoulder Blouse ($64): The Pantone-approved color of this sassy blouse calls to mind iconic fall foliage and afternoons at the orchard, which practically makes it an essential for your mid-season capsule wardrobe. Tuck it into a leather mini skirt for an upcoming GNO or pair with tomgirl jeans and vintage loafers come the weekend.
11. H&M Patterned Blouse ($25): Who says working-girl dress codes have to cramp your style? Whether you work in a corner office or a casual creative space, this printed smock top will always keep you looking polished. Just add glam drop earrings and a modern tote that can keep up with your boss lady lifestyle.
12. Topshop Floral Wrap Blouse ($65): Flawless day-to-night dressing takes some serious skill. Between fancy dinner parties and intimate get-togethers at your fave local wine bar, you need an Insta-worthy top this jaw-dropping on standby. It’s a shoo-in for everything from salsa dancing to after-dark networking events (where you won’t be under HR’s watchful eye). DO style it with a layered necklace and velvet platform heels.
13. Ranna Gill Seyne Off-the-Shoulder Top ($168): This is the type of piece that can sweep you off your feet. Floaty fabric, shimmery sequins and a shoulder-baring silhouette strike the ultimate balance between glamour and understated sophistication. Sport the ethereal top during the daytime with cropped jeans and souped-up d’Orsay flats before switching over to your sultry side for a night out on the town. It’s a win-win, no matter how you spin it.
14. Zara Guipure Bib Front Blouse ($50): Can you count the ways to wear this beauteous bib-front blouse? There might just be too many. Consider it the ideal solution to an impending fashion emergency: Slip it on with a patchwork skirt or slip dress for the win, or, better yet, rock it with joggers and sleek Oxfords for a cutting-edge twist on the athleisure trend.
15. Religion Smock Top With All Over Bird Print ($81): Semi-sheer and straight-up stunning, this airy tunic top will be right in line with your festival-fabulous sensibilities. With its relaxed silhouette, this flowery number will win major bonus points with your lazy-girl side — and it still brings the drama. The asymmetric hem floats behind you with every step, turning heads in the process.