10 Ways to Rock Old Hollywood Hair for Your Wedding
You know the hairstyle — you see it on red carpet after red carpet. It’s the ‘do that dominates awards season, and it’s the perfect answer to your wedding hair woes. It was the go-to style for Old Hollywood stars like Marlene Dietrich, Bette Davis and Greta Garbo, and it’s back, better than ever and ready to be your go-to wedding day ‘do. We’re talking about gorgeously glam, vintage-inspired S-waves that check all of our beauty boxes. Here are 10 S-wave looks to take to your stylist, whether you’re throwing a minimalist wedding or a mega-glam soiree.
1. One Shoulder: Let your bridal hair shine with waves for days and a simple flower. What’s old is new again when you swoop your strands to one side — and don’t forget to add just the right amount of bling.
2. Wavy Ponytail: Curls are great, but there’s just something so sophisticated about this look. Even pulled into a sleek ponytail, this Old Hollywood styling method screams elegance while letting you show off a gorgeous pair of show-stopping shoulder-dusting earrings.
3. Smokey Waves: Do you love your smokey lilac hair color but don’t know if it’s necessarily wedding-appropriate? Soften the look without compromising on the hue.
4. Ombre Cascade: Let your ombre locks take center stage with waves that cascade from dark to light. Brush out your waves to showcase the dramatic change in tones for a trendy yet romantic look.
5. Flower Crown: Dial down the glam factor and up the bohemian quotient with a flower crown and red-carpet curls. It’s a relaxed, easygoing twist on a well-worn classic that gives you the best of both worlds.
6. ColorfulBob : Pay homage to an old-school style with a sleek, über wavy bob that is truly flapper-approved. The look gets a modern update with a multidimensional purple tone that works just as well coming down the aisle as it would having cocktails with Jay Gatsby.
7. The Original: There are so many new ways to update this look, but why mess with a classic? Stick with the original by going with a slightly off-center part and tight waves that tumble past your shoulders.
8. S-Lob: You don’t have to have Rapunzel-length hair to rock a fierce S-wave. A chic lob is what fall dreams are made of, so don’t be afraid to try this sultry take on your trend-right crop.
9. Messy ‘Do: If your wedding style is more casual-chic than formal, give the S-wave a deconstructed vibe. Leave your locks slightly undone by avoiding a full curl at the ends of your strands.
10. Casual Coif: While this look is usually super styled, you can definitely wear it a little more relaxed too. It’s a little less serious and a lot more fun for the bride who just wants to party.
Follow us on Pinterest for more bridal hairspiration!