Moms tend to be on their feet… a lot. We have babies to carry, toddlers to chase, and older kids to drive to 20 different activities a week, so we need solid, comfortable footwear. That said, we don’t always want to sacrifice style for comfort. We also don’t have a whole lot of extra time to go shoe shopping regularly. So we’ve put together a comprehensive list of all the shoes a mom could possibly need. We took activities and weather changes into consideration, and we’re sure you’ll find it super helpful the next time you hit the mall, mama.
1. All-Day, Every-Day Overtime Sneaker (Keds Champion Originals, $40): We know Keds aren’t actually the most original idea for an overtime shoe, but hear us out. These shoes are cozy as heck, and they can go with pretty much anything (skirts, pants, shorts). You might want to consider going with a darker color (because who has time to clean white shoes regularly?).
2. Easy Slip-ons for Running Out in a Flash (TOMS Classics, $48): Parents have been swearing by TOMS for years now, so it’s no surprise these Classics make the cut. Easy to put on and take off — a must for busy moms chasing after kiddos daily.
3. Cute Sandals for Summer Playdates (Dirty Laundry Beka Beka Shimmer Lycr, $40): Once the weather warms up, you’ll want to start donning some cute sandals for those summertime BBQs, bdays, and playdates. These super-soft ones by Chinese Laundry’s Dirty Laundry brand are so cute and comfortable they’ll make you the envy of your mom circle.
4. Comfortable Travel Boots (Clarks Sillian Sway, $85): No mom wants to have to keep an eye on her kids while struggling with shoelaces at airport security. These “cloudstepper” booties are perfect for keeping your feet cozy while making TSA moments as quick and painless as possible.
5. Work Heels That Won’t Wreak Havoc on Your Overworked Feet (Naturalizer Michelle Pumps, $89): Naturalizer always makes shoes that keep not only your feet but also your back in mind. These heels have enough support to get you through a long day in the office.
6. Running Shoes That Never Quit (ASICS Gel-Contend 4, $50+): When it comes to long-lasting running shoes, you can never go wrong with ASICS. Solid arch support and gel cushioning will help protect your feet when you go out for a stroller jog.
7. Long-Term Slip-on Flats (Kuru Trina, $140): The Trina is where it’s at when it comes to an elegant, adaptable flat that won’t leave your feet wrecked.
8. Quality Flip-Flops for Warm Summer Days (OluKai U’i, $90): Opt for metallic leather straps on these durable but stylish sandals for a look that’s fun and fancy all at once.
9. Winter Boots to Keep You Warm During Snowball Fights (Sorel Joan Of Arctic Boot, $180): Sorel is a brand highly trusted to keep your feet dry and warm every winter. Invest in solid boots so you can get to making snow angels with your kiddos.
10. Date Night Heels Because You Deserve to Sparkle (Blue by Betsey Johnson Tee Evening Sandals, $69): These Betsey Johnson heels are everything you need to feel completely glamorous after a long day of cleaning up spit-up.
11. Extra-Cozy Slippers to Pamper Your Feet (Tempur-Pedic Windsock, $40): Moms rarely get spa days, but on those nights when you get all the kids in bed early and have time for a nice long soak in the tub, treat your tootsies to these slippers afterward.
Find more fab footwear ideas by following us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)